Monday 15 December 2014

Up early today, poor Billy and a power outage

15 December

Only ten days to go now, are you all getting excited?

This morning I was up and about by 7.15, much better than yesterday. I’d been lying there awake since 5.30 after I got up to go pee. Ah well … … … So with my pills taken and mug of tea in hand I switched on the telly and found out that Islamist had taken around 40 hostages in a cafĂ© in Sydney. One of the gunmen was using a young girl as a human shield as he moved around the windows and doorway. An item on Facebook yesterday was supposed to show a message to ISIS that they are allowed to rape and kill even pre-pubescent girls if it is done in the name of Islam. Is it any wonder that these people are causing so much hatred to aimed at Islam as a whole? Yet again I am reminded of Enoch Powell and his ‘Rivers of Blood’ speech. I can see it happening coming here in the UK before long you know.

For the first time in ages I was able to sit and get some writing done, and I was feeling rather pleased with how it was going. I should have known it wouldn’t last. Our power supply flickered very badly but came back on almost straight away. It was enough though to close my ’puter, not good. It did restart straight away though and in a panic I opened up the file I had been working on. With a sigh of relief I saw that I had lost nothing of what I had written; panic over.

Jan was called out to take our step-grandson to A&E after he fell for the top bunk in his room while playing with Kile. Poor lad has managed to break his arm just above the elbow and is now in plaster cast. The biggest surprise to me though, was that Jan was back home after less than two hours; that really must be a record for our A&E. While she was out Jan went to fuel up at our local garage but the power outage had stopped all the pumps there. That was some outage folks. I wonder how many others were affected in some way?

Something else that was on Facebook today is a chat between a number of photographers about heavy handed security people at the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. One person had forcefully ejected from the display because he was using a DSLR and long lens. The T&Cs of the event say nothing about a permit being needed for photography but the ejected man was kicked out because he was supposedly taking photos as a professional. That is what a DSLR can do for people it seems.

Anyway, I posted a reply too, saying that so far I have been lucky and only been stopped once, in Bullring in Brum. It was pointed out that I need a permit because the centre is privately owned. It seems that my Sony Alpha 350 was classed as pro camera as well simply because it is a DSLR. I did stop but by then I had got the images I was after. So for today’s photo then, here’s one of them …


And today’s funny …

No comments:

Post a Comment