Tuesday 30 December 2014

It's keeps hanging on, a productive day and a bridng dream for next year



30 December

I was hoping to go out this afternoon seeing as I was feeling a lot better when I got up. Opps … shouldn’t have spoken to too soon. Right not I’m feeling as bad as I was last week when this thing first hit me full on. I could really do with a break from this now. At least you won’t get this virus on your computer.

At least I had a productive day on the ‘puter yesterday. Some time ago, when we lived in Bracebridge Street we had a break in and all the usual items were nicked. Two of them were spare hard drives for our computers. Contents insurance is one thing we are really intent in keeping up, which is a good job really. They paid out without and problems and two new hard drives arrived. For some reason my lappy wouldn’t accept it so I put it away and forget about it. But now I using an Asus desk top so I decided to try it, and it works fine. Productive task 1 then. Now I can start to scan all my photo prints and store them on there.

Yesterday I mentioned that I wrote 1,000 words for my Bristol Fashion novel. Well, I got stuck in again yesterday and got another 1,200 words done. That is only around half of the NANO requirement done, but it is slowly moving forward. As it stands I can see this one being a lot long than the 50,000 NANO effort. I’ve planted a few red herrings within this one and they even keep catching me out. It’s those damned men Black and Harris; they just won’t behave and do as they’re told to! Task 2 …

Birding. We start the New Year off with a fresh year list by going off somewhere on either the 1st or 2nd of January. What I really like to do is to start off at Minsmere, stopover in Great Yarmouth for a night and slowly make our way around the coast to Cley and then Titchwell. What would make even nicer would another overnight stay in Hunstanton and then call in to Rutland Water on the way home on the third day. Sadly we can’t afford to do that this year. But it’s something to look forward to for next year I think.

A bird photo for today I think …

Bewick swan


And today’s funny …



goofing off1



No comments:

Post a Comment