Sunday 14 December 2014

Another sleep in, shopoing the for kids and Streetwise



14 December

We are not happy folks right now! I finally woke at 11.45 this morning. That is ridiculous. It’s far too late to think of starting on the dinner we had planned on and it’s a good job Jan had decided she was going to the evening service today. Enough of that …

On Facebook today there’s a photo of an overflowing shopping trolley and some saying they were only going out for two items. It reminded me of a Christmas years ago when we joined the end of a queue in Asda. In front of us there was a couple and their trolley was full of booze. The guy said, ‘We only bother with Christmas for the kids.’ I looked at Jan and began to wonder when they were going to do their own shopping seeing as the impression being given was all the booze they had was just for the kids.

Also on Facebook yesterday was an info piece about the space station flying across the sky at just before 6pm last night. I thought it might be an interesting thing to see. So I made the renown ‘mental note’ … and I forgot about it. Ah well … I read of characters in books making mental notes; it seems a good job that they have creators who have a better memory than they do methinks.

There’s a news board on the ‘net called Streetwise and I joined it last week. Last night I had an email from them saying that I had been given a bronze badge for the number of comments I had made. Ah goody, goody gumdrops! I’ve posted 5 comments I think, under double figures anyway. One of the current topics is about this place … 

It’s the Cock and Bear pub, on the corner of Queens Road and Beaumont Road. Sainsbury are about to turn it into a local store. The thing is though, the junction is a major one for traffic in and out of the town centre. There’s a carpark of course but getting in and out of it was a nightmare when the pub was open. How it will be during the conversion and once it’s opened is anyone’s guess.

Another issue being discussed is that of burglaries in the town. Our area of Weddington is mentioned along with St Nics and Whitestone. All three are thought to be affluent areas and up to point I suppose they are. The point being made is that the break ins are aimed at stealing Christmas presents and the thought is that they robbers might be better going to the three above mentioned areas.

I fell the person who started this off is missing a couple of points here. They thefts are more than likely drug related. Druggies don’t care who the steal from, all they can see is their next fix and no further. Another point is that theft is wrong, no matter where it happens and to wish it on other people is not a nice thing to do.

And so to today’s photo … 

A plant I wish we could get to grow properly.

Today’s funny …

 Barry and Hannah, an old married couple, are sitting on the couch watching TV. On the show they were speaking about how to prepare in case of death etc. “Honey,” says Barry, turning to his wife with a serious expression, “I want you to promise me, that if there ever comes a time that I am dependent on just machines and bottled fluid, that you will make sure to put an end to it.” “No problem hun,” said Hannah, and she promptly got up, turned off the TV, and poured his beer down the drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment