Tuesday 23 December 2014

It's nearly Christmas, and yet ...



23 December

Oh dear … The best made plans of man, and all that. The plan for today was to go off into town on me scooter – again, Last night I saw 3am before I dropped off to sleep. This morning Jan left me in bed instead of the alarm going off at 7.30 for her to go off to collect for a busy morning of running around with Kile and Billy. I finally woke at 9.45 when the house phone rang. It rang twice before it stopped. Now I’m sat her feeling really rough. I’ve had a tickly cough for a few days but today it’s really caught me and I can hardly focus my eyes properly, let alone go into town. But who am I to complain compared with some places in the UK and wider world.

I’ve always said that if you do something the same way twice it becomes a tradition. Same with events anywhere at all really. Well, for years it seems like it’s become a tradition for major events to happen over the Christmas/New Year period. I can’t remember them all but three will now stick in my mind; 2004 and the Boxing Day tsunami; 2013 and the Glasgow helicopter crash, and again in Glasgow this year, the RTC in the city centre.

I wonder why these things tend to stick in our minds? Is it because we are all focused on having a good and happy time, of families and kids and good food and drink? Good food and drink, now there four words we should stop and think about. What are you having for Christmas Dinner this year? We are having a chicken because we are not keen on turkey. And yet even here in the UK there will be families who would love to have a fresh or frozen chicken for dinner on that day. So much the session of good cheer eh!

I’m certainly feeling rougher right now so I shall end here today; no photo, no funny today … I’m off for days of rest.

And even thinking of what I have written today, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.       

No comments:

Post a Comment