Monday 29 December 2014

Not planning for next year, harmless nonsense and our dogs are everything to us.





29 December

So then, it’s nearly 2015; time for making promises to yourself for what the New Year will bring for you. I’ve never bother with making resolutions simple because I know full well that I won’t stick to them. Take 2013 for example; I expressed the wish to spend more time out birding and taking photos in 2014. Well, this year I did go birding and I did take photos, but the numbers have remained around the same as the year before. See what I mean? So for me 2015 will be just like all the other years, but without the wishing for more of what I would hope for. I shall take the years as it comes and live for each as it comes.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks has just finished on telly and I broke off so I could watch it. I’ve seen it loads of times but even so, it’s a good bit of fun and nonsense to while away a couple hours. Jan has decided that it’s a keeper on our Virgin box too.

Shaun, one of my FB friends, said yesterday that he was going get some writing done. I commented that it was a ‘novel idea’ and I got some done too. But before I did there was some tidying up to do first. I actually felt a touch ashamed that I had made so many silly mistakes in a three paragraph section, it really was that poorly written. Once that was sorted I then got another 1,000 words done as well. Feeling rather pleased about that now.

This head cold thingy I’ve had will make up its mind if it clearing up or not. First thing this morning I felt really good. Then I got very cold and shaky and sweaty.
Then I got warm again; now I’m getting cold again. At least I’m not feverish as I was last week. I’m hoping it will be clear for tomorrow so I can go and do some shopping with Jan. It will be the first time I have been out of the flat for over a week if I can get out. Here’s hoping folks ….

I really do like the writer Peter James and I read as much of his work as I can get my hand on. He has a FB page here … https://www.facebook.com/peterjames.roygrace?fref=ts  Of course I am one of his many followers. Peter has reported today that his dog had died after living with him and his family for 12 years. It’s always a sad day when that happens. So many will know just how he feels. For today’s photo then … 

Me, with Cindy-pup in her favourite place. We lost her not long before she was four years old.

Today’s funny …




Funny Dog Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment