Wednesday 10 December 2014

Something new, book before film and spending fenzzy now on!



10 December

I’ve just seen something new on my computer when I opened it up. I normally don’t close it down every day and just wiggle the mouse and it comes back into life. Well, this time there was a blue screen and a message about encountering an unexpected problem and having to restart. Obviously it has sorted itself out now apart from losing Monday’s blog entry. Good job I can get it back from off line.

Last night I finally finished The Fellowship of the Ring, and it’s a good read. However, if you haven’t read it and are thinking of doing so, don’t expect it to follow the film. If the other are two are the same then there has been a hell of out of ‘artistic licence’ having been taken with the film. That’s the same with all films taken form books though isn’t it? I suppose that is why they all have a note saying, ‘Based on the novel by …’ Jan isn’t keen on reading books having watched the film or TV show. She prefers doing it book first, film second. Oh yes, have you seen the trailers The Hobbit,3? Looking forward to that one now.

The plan for today was to go down into town on our scooters, however, it’s far too cold and windy out there for such games right now. Maybe Saturday we might be able to get down. We won’t be taking the car down town for a bit though, simply because finding a parking space will a nightmare. It’s always the same at this time of year. How is it that so many people find they have money to spare to go on a shopping binge on the run up to Christmas I wonder?

Christmas Day this year is two weeks tomorrow. That means there will be normal market on the Saturday, and again on the Wednesday, Christmas Eve. Again there will be a market on that Saturday, another on the following Wednesday ready for the New Year. The supermarkets will be choka-block full with queues half down the stores, on all the same days.

See what I mean about all the extra dosh? Or is it all going on the plastic? There was an item on today’s news about people finding themselves unable to pay the repayments and speaking to their creditors as soon as possible. The new idea is that all interest payments should stop at that point, which currently doesn’t happen. What a sad time of the year this can be for some people?

Today’s photo … 

A colourful display of kids backpacks.

And today’s funny …

I was in a pet store picking up some pet food for my dog when I overheard the following conversation. A cute girl peaks over the counter and politely asks the sales representative. “I’m interested in buying a rabbit.” “Oh sure we’ve got lots of rabbits” gushed the motherly sales representative. “Do you have any specific color in mind? We’ve got some adorable white Bunnies down this isle.” The lady exclaimed. “Oh” said the cute girl with a wave of her hand, “I really don’t think my boa constrictor would care about what color it is!”

No comments:

Post a Comment