Friday 19 December 2014

Eating, writing and market day



19 December

Concern is growing in this side of Jaronland. The concern is the never feeling like eating, or very rarely anyway. I don’t take any medications that could cause it. Yes, I know there are loads of overweight folks who wish they were in the same boat. But it’s no fun folks, not at all. I have always had a tendency to be greedy and now I’ve gone the other way and when I do eat it’s because I know I need to, not because I actually want to. The result is that on most occasions I don’t really enjoy what I do eat. I’m thinking that come the New Year I’m going to have to go see a GP about it; I need to do a prescription review anyway. It’s not urgent so I will leave it until next month.

Tomorrow morning is going to be a nice methinks. The weather is looking good and our batteries are on charge ready for when we use our scooters, which should be tomorrow. Being a Saturday it will be market day, and the last Saturday market before Christmas, so hopefully there will be lots going on, and that means lots of photo opps. My Nikon batteries are all charged and ready so I’m looking forward to it. Oh yes … using the scooters we don’t have to be quite so fussy about having a pint or two.

After my efforts the other week with my new novel, it’s all come to a stop again. I keep looking at it and thinking about starting again, but it’s not happening. I have a feeling it’s because I still have published Shipshape yet. I’ll have a look at it again later today and see how I can get up on Lulu, rather than using CreateSpace, which has proved to be a waste of time for me. How so many other writers can get as many sales on Amazon as they I don’t know; I wonder what their secret is? I normally find the actual writing as being the easy bit, it’s the after-writing malarkey that drags me down.

So let’s look for a photo … Yes, here we go … 

One of my selfies.

Today’s funny …

There were no two ways about it. Rosie was fat. Very fat. “Martha”, said Rosie to her best friend, “it was terrible what happened yesterday after the birthday party. You know how half of the birthday cake was left over? Well, I knew Bob would be fuming at me for eating it, with my diet and all, but I couldn’t help myself, it started with just a small nibble and before I knew it the whole cake was gone!” “Oh my!” clucked Martha, “was Bob really upset?” “He never found it”, responded Rosie with a full double chin smile, “I just baked another cake and ate half of it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment