Thursday 4 December 2014

Flatbed scanners, a flown by year and Kile pciks his mates



4 December

We sat in the Chase having a pint last evening after going off to Asda in Coventry to do some shopping. Prior to that we had driven out to PC World to have a look at flatbed scanners. As we sat Jan said, ‘It’s December, again. Where has the last 12 months gone? It’s just flown by.’ And indeed it has. GP, dentist, Specsavers and out patients appointments have taken up a goodly chunk of it. We’ve not had all that many day’s out either. Whatever, 2015 will be soon enough and we’re hoping that it will seem to pass a tad more slowly next year.

Flatbed scanner; did you wonder why I wanted such a beast? The staff at PC World were trying to get me to buy a new all-in-one-printer, but as I said, Jan has one. My printer is a laser printer simply because I tend to print text pages only. So again, why do I need one a scanner? In our walk in cupboard there is a collection of thousands of postcard sized prints. What I want to do is to scan them all and keep them on a hard disc. Jan will want me to get rid of the prints after that, but the historian in me shies away from that idea. However, I have to agree that they do take up a lot of space … we’ll see.

What we have expecting is beginning to happen. We are due to have Kile this weekend but he has Jan if we would mind if he went to stop the weekend at his mate’s house instead of coming to us. Jan has already told him that he doesn’t have to come to us. It’s up to him to choose. Yes, we’ve expected it but it will still strange not having him here. However, for the last few times he’s been with us, Friday evening has been a bit of fight with him. It’s plain to us that he’s bored as well as being very tired. He’s always said he isn’t, but we can see it in his face. Ah well … … …

Today’s photo then is one of Kile from earlier this year …



And today’s funny …

 Sam was the owner of a worldwide branch of stores and a multi-millionaire. When his daughter Sandy got engaged to a very religious young man he called the future Groom into his office. “So tell me,” said Sam, sitting the young man down. “What are your plans for the future?” “Well”, said the Groom. “I plan on studying holy works all of my life.” “And how exactly do you plan on supporting my daughter if you are studying all day?” questioned Sam. “I am sure The Lord will provide.” Answered the young man. “And what about your kids? How do you plan on supporting them?” “The Lord will provide” answered the young man again. “How did it go?” asked Sam’s wife after they finished talking. “It went great” Sam replied. “I had just met the young fellow and already he thinks I’m the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment