Friday 5 December 2014

Fraud, meds and Photoshop



5 December

Phone fraud is a growing trend with robbers even though there has been a lot of coverage on telly over it. But here’s a point; how do these robbers know which bank you use? I mean, if someone was to phone me and say he was calling from HSBC, I would know it’s a con simply because we don’t bank with HSBC. So I ask again, how do these people know which bank you use? Another question comes from that then; how do they know who to call when trying it on? Unless they are doing a lot of back ground checks, like following a target around to learn what they are doing, I just can’t see how they manage it. Unless of course, they have someone on the inside … … …  

Our meds were due here on Wednesday but we were going to be out, so Jan called into the pharmacy and asked them to deliver them yesterday instead. That was agreed with, so imagine our surprise to find a card here from them turned 7pm to say that they had been here. As it was it didn’t cause any problems seeing as I was in all day yesterday and was here with waiting for when he arrived. No problems there at all but I did wish they would keep an eye on what they are doing.  

Many a good photo is spoilt by overuse of Photoshop. There’s a Facebook group about wildlife which I joined and there are some stunning shots on there, and then there this … https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152889450747350&set=gm.750307915057327&type=1&theater  … I’ve been a birder for 40+ years but I’ve never seen a blue tit look anything like this.

And seeing as I’m in the birdy mood … 

A little egret have a stretch.

Today’s funny …

 “Honey!” screamed my husband from our bedroom, “you MUST check this out! “What is it?” I hollered back from the kitchen. “You’re not going to believe what I found when I was drilling a hole through the wall! I found a secret stash of bottles!” Just then my I heard my daughters voice hollering from the bathroom, “I’m trying to brush my teeth in here! Who the hell is drilling a hole through the medicine cabinet!?”

No comments:

Post a Comment