Sunday 28 December 2014

More wasted dosh, weight loss and snow



28 December

For the first time in ages that I can remember, I’m actually hungry. So I’ve got the butter out of the fridge and a couple of slices of batch bread out of the freezer and I’ll have some toast for lunch. Aren’t I a lucky boy being able to do that? Have a look at this … https://www.facebook.com/beingindianchannel/photos/pcb.765190786895589/765190690228932/?type=1&theater  I made a comment about hungry families being fed instead of buying those bikes. It’s not showing now; I wonder why?

Sticking with foodie theme a bit longer then; I have been feeling as though I have put on a good bit of weight this last month. So image my surprise when I got on the scales this morning to find I have lost around 4lbs since the last time I was on them. It’s been a bit of a worry really seeing as come dinner time I haven’t really been feeling very much like eating at all and have made do with a pack of crisps (potatoes chips for those who don’t speak proper English like we do). Sometimes a small dish of bran flakes instead; or a mound of fruit. I can’t remember the last time we actually cooked a meal.    

It seems that the couple if inches of snow I mentioned yesterday was a lot more than that in some areas. The Yorkshire area has been hit hard. It had been forecast of course but what we didn’t expect was the amount of snow that was dumped across the area. That has caught out a lot of people up there and those heading up that way. Again, here in Dorktown we have missed most of it, and for that I am thankfully. Snow looks great when it comes down and of course the kids love it; but after a day or two, we’re all pleased to see the back of it. This time will be no different. At least we have everything we need already in here so we don’t actually need to go out in it if do get a good coating.

Again, we are lucky I suppose. In so many places people have to choose whether they can eat or heat their homes. We are linked in to an area heating system. We pay £7 a week for it, which is peanuts really. Our electricity is around £20 a week, again, a lot less than most other people. So eating or heating isn’t an issue for us. Both our freezers are full, our fridge is full, so we are very comfortable; and we are thankful for that.

So now it’s photo time 
Three points to Brum


And today’s funny …
 A snowman couple were celebrating their sons birthday. The Mother brought in a carrot cake made up beautifully with white and blue icing. The son cut himself a real big peace and took a big bite promptly spitting it out and screaming “Mom this is disgusting it tastes like boogers!” “Well what do you expect?” Questioned the Snow Mother. “You asked for carrot cake!”

No comments:

Post a Comment