Sunday 21 December 2014

Getting old, best pressi ever and we're getting old



21 December

It’s official! Jan and I are getting old; or maybe we are just not used to going out in the evenings. Last night we did go out for a few hours, the first time in a long time.

We drove past the Anker heading for The Crows Nest. We couldn’t get in there, so we headed into town to try the Willy White but saw that the George Eliot (aka The Hussy), looked to be fairly empty. The few that were in there certainly made for their lack of numbers by the noise they were making. However, most of it was from one very drunk man who actually has the worst voice I have ever heard. He wasn’t all that loud but his voice carried all over the pub, and I noticed I wasn’t the only one was flinching at it. After one pint we headed off to the Chase. That too was packed, a wedding party was in. Home called after that. It wasn’t a total wash out though, I did get a photo of a new real ale pump clip. Which reminds me ...

There’s a group on Facebook called Silverliners that I read. This morning there was a question about what was your most memorable Christmas present ever. Well, for me it was the Halina 35X 35mm camera my parents gave me. My grandparents gave me a few B&W films for it. Those films didn’t last very long at all and I was very anxious to get back to school to develop and print them in the school darkroom. As you will be aware I’m had a passion for photography ever since. I rarely go out with a camera, advice given to me by a professional snapper I got friendly with in Tynemouth. Where and whenever I can I’ve tried to stick with that advice. And folks, that is very good advice indeed.       

We’ve just sat and watched Sister Act 2 on the BEEB, and no matter how many times I watch it I can’t help but like. Now here’s the rub; I love the music in it, yet I can’t be doing with music playing in the back ground. If I’m going to listen to music, then that’s what I do, I stop and listen to it. With music in the films like that one today, I think it’s more to do with the performance of it rather than the. Live music in pubs and clubs is fine, that I can get on with, but an overloud juke box does nothing to endear me to the place.

So what photo for today then … 

Jan in the Felix Holt.

Today’s funny …



marriage1

No comments:

Post a Comment