Saturday 13 December 2014

MK photos, downed tree is gone and the Irish Problem



13 December

Now that’s interesting. We went off for a look around Milton Keynes shopping centre yesterday and I came back a 42 images that I want to edit today. Well, Photoshop Elements 12 won’t open them because of ‘An unexpected file ending’. Yeah, I know, I haven’t come across it before either. SO what I have done know is to use the Nikon software to open in the files and it should now be converting them into jpegs so I can do what I want with them; well, that’s the theory. anyway. A quick look shows it’s working too.

That tree that came down has now been cleared away. The guy next door came round that same evening and had look, went back round home for his dinner and then came back with his son and cut it up ready for moving. This morning he came back with his wife and the tree has now gone. There was hassle and he was friendly and polite and has got the job done quickly. He had wondered how much the council would have charged for doing it but I’m happy he got it done himself though. It’s OK getting the council to do it but it could have taken them weeks to get it done.

The original plan for today was to go off down town on our scooters buy we’re both pretty well knackered after yesterday; pity really cos its market day and I fancied getting a load of new market shots. Hopefully, next Wednesday will see us down there. Market shots are not the only thing we want to do down there though. Jan needs to go to the council to about a new bus pass; and I want to go to the bus station and get a few bus time tables for various local places, into town to start with, Coventry and Leicester would useful too. So maybe Wednesday would be a better day to get down there than today anyway. At least the council house will be open.

I’m a bit out of touch with the news just lately but I did see something about our Prime Muppet going to Belfast to help try to sort out the problems in the Ulster power sharing thingy. Well, I don’t know what was achieved, if anything. However, I do remember spending four months in Belfast in 1977 and some of the problems we had at that time. But did you know that 1867 Irish bombers killed 12 people while trying to get one of their men of Clerkenwell Prison in London. Of course, the Irish Problem as it sometimes called, has been raging for hundreds of years because of the way that some man English monarchs have dealt with and treating the Irish people. It won’t be sorted out in just a few years though; no, it will take some major movement from both sides of the divide and right now, neither is willing to move at all.

The mess about to Photoshop is now sorted and here’s what part of the Winter Wonderland looks like.


There’s also a small cheese stall there where I bought one of my favourite cheeses, Amber Mist. It has a whisky flavour and is very nice indeed.

And now for today’s funny …

John gingerly walked up to the sales lady in the clothing store “I would like to buy my wife a pretty pink scarf. ” “How cute” exclaimed the sales lady, “sounds like it’s going to be a great surprise.” “It sure is” said John “she’s expecting a new car!”

No comments:

Post a Comment