Saturday 31 March 2012

Black and blue; sacked or pushed?

31 March 2012

It really is a dark and dismal day here in Dorktown today.  I suppose we have had our summer now and we will have to wait until next year for another one.  OK, so I’m exaggerating a good deal there but today’s light is of little use for snappers at least.  We also have Kile here with us this weekend so we have to take him into consideration if we do go out.  I don’t we will be though.

I’ve just had a thought yet again … Kile is spelt like that and not Kyle because his mum wanted it spelt as I have typed it.  So it ended up under lined here in Word and I have just added it to the dic-n-harry.  But I wonder … just how much space is there allocated within Word for adding words?  I’ve emailed Microsoft on this one but not had a reply.  Ah well, I don’t suppose it’s all that vital to know.

Did you know that on this day in 1889 The Eiffel Tower was officially opened?  Well, it was.  And 52 years earlier John Constable, he of The Haywain, died.  

I have been wondering what has been going on at the BEEB for some time now.  In Midlands Today, there have been some changes in the news reader team from Thursday and Friday evenings.  I had it in my head that Nick Own was ready to retire.  However, in today’s Telegraph it’s not Nick Owen who has gone but Suzanna Virdee.  She was leaving after yesterday’s show but was prevented from appearing so she could say “Goodbye” to the viewers.  Whatever the reasons for her to leave the show, the refusal off the BEEB to allow her to say her goodbyes is a sad exhibition of spiteful pettiness on their part.   

It seems that the greedy and grasping hand of filling stations are hard at work making extra profits from worried motorists after yet another gaff from the current Prime Muppet and his team.  This happened 12 years ago when one dealer put his prices up by a huge amount knowing that because his customers needed the fuel they would pay what he demanded.  However, because of his greed, when fuel became more widely available all his regulars went elsewhere for their fuel.  The result was the he went bankrupt.  Perhaps the same will now happen to the greedy retailers who are making short term gains at the expense of motorists.  I also think that the government should be taking action to prevent such greediness.  After all, it was their lack of understanding that has caused the queues at forecourts in the first place!

Most nights I drop off pretty quickly but last night I didn’t.  Last night I lay in bed and just thinking of all sorts’ things but of nothing really important.  Eventually I did begin thinking of a new story line.  I shall make a note of it later but this one could be a very dark story of anger and rage against one man’s battle with his family. I’ll get my current effort finished before I start this one though. 

So it’s now photo time … I’ve had this idea rattling around in me ‘ed for ages.  The idea is to take a photo on one tree from the same spot at the same time every day for a year.  Then using some software make them all into a movie so that story of the tree over a full year can be seen.  I even found me tree … 

This is a beach tree on Mount Street rec area.  My problem is with this idea is that I’m a bit lazy and can’t be bothered to commit myself for such a project.  

Today’s funny then …

Julius and Irving, two very religious men, visited Marcus Pinkus the tailor to have new black suits made.
When they went to pick up the suits, Julius looked at his suit very carefully; held it up to the light, walked over to the window and examined it more carefully and then proclaimed, "Marcus, this suit is navy blue. It's not black!"
"Trust me." said Marcus, "It's black!"
"Irving, what do you think? Blue, or black?" asked Julius.
"To tell you the truth," said Irving, "I couldn't really tell from this light if it's blue or black"
They left wearing their new suits and while walking down the street kept examining each other's suit to see if it was blue or black. Then they spotted two nuns standing on the corner and decided to go stand next to them. They knew their habits would be black and this way they could be sure.
Well, later that afternoon, the two nuns returned to the convent and visited with mother superior to discuss their day in the city. "A very strange thing occurred." reported one of the nuns. "Two Jewish men approached us on the street and they were speaking Latin!"
"Latin?" exclaimed mother superior. "Jewish men don't speak Latin; they speak Hebrew!"
"No." said the other nun. "It was definitely Latin!"
"Well, what did they say exactly," asked the mother superior.
"I'm not really sure," said one of the nuns. "They just kept repeating the same Latin phrase, "Marcus Pinkus Fuctus!"   

No comments:

Post a Comment