Thursday 8 March 2012

Your postcode might not be good for you

8 March 2012

After such a good report about mother yesterday, it seems my normal luck on such matters has happened yet again.  Jan went to see her yesterday and the difference was very marked.  Mother was back to how she was before.  She had no idea of what was happening around her, wasn’t able to feed herself and just wasn’t at all with it.  I knew I should not have said anything about being in a state of improvement. 

Over the last few days we have been watching the new Dom Littlewood show on BBC in the morning.  So many times we here of a ‘post code lottery’ being applied to the NHS in allowing various drugs to be used and the catchment areas for schools.  What I hadn’t realized was that the lottery is also happening in a lot of other areas of public services.   Like the filling of pot holes in High Wickham; paying to dump rubbish in council tips in Somerset; how councils deal with housing ex-service men and women.  Each of the cases that the show has raised are bad enough but I find still that the NHS medication problems are the very worst of them all.  Like the woman who took part in trials for a new drug that has proved to be so good for people with MS that NICE has licenced it for general use.  Yet this woman who was on it and found an improvement is now no longer allowed it because of where she lives.  That has to be the cruellest case I have heard of yet to date.

What seems to be the never ending saga at the Hussy Hospital continues.  Seven organizations had registered an interest in forming a partnership with the hospital with one the commercial concerns refusing to be named – why I  don’t know, but there yet go.  Today’s front page story in the News say that they have now walked away from the prospect.  I wonder why?  Is it that they couldn’t make enough easy dosh out of a tie up?  Did they want more control over the running of the place or insisting that their company logo is on display all over the hospital?  We will never find out will simply because we don’t know who they were.  So much for democracy hey?  I’m sorry but I would not have entertained talking to them if they demanded not to be named!

Jan is across the road visiting one our neighbours.  Lynn is one of a number people within Dorktown who were crippled by a surgeon at the Hussy Hospital.  That surgeon is still working by there too.  I wonder how many more he has crippled while the PCT drags the on-going cases of people who are claiming damages because of this man?  There has to be an easier way for such people to be brought to account for the way they work.  How can Society sit back and allow them to continue to work in such a slip-shod manor and their employers to drag out cases for compensation?  It beggars belief!

Photo choice today is very limited seeing as I’m sat in me recliner chair using my netbook not my Acer lappy.  I don’t have any photos on here yet other than this … 

ohhh, scary enit ;-)))

I asked the Sage where he got his jokes from and he sent me a URL which I have now signed up to and will be able to get my own jokes.  Here’s the first one, aimed at the healthy eaters and dieters among us …  

Dr Nut Ting Wong
Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it.  Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually.  Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster Want to live longer? Take nap.
Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Beer also made of grain.  Fruits & grains good for you. Bottom up!
Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one.  If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.
Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry.  My philosophy is: No pain...good!
Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food are fried these days in vegetable oil.  How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger.  You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.
Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy?!? Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!
Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..
Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!
Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.
And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming  "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"
AND.....
For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health.  It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
CONCLUSION:
Eat and drink what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment