Thursday 29 March 2012

Spainish Dreams

29 March 2012

Jan is home safely after her two days away.  She enjoyed Bournemouth, apart from the hills that is.  So that’s another place we won’t be moving to.  While she was away she met a couple who had just returned from living in Spain.  It’s an idea we had once and I’m still sort of 50-50 on the idea.  My biggest worry about it is the health care.  We are both on a lot of medication and I’d be worried about having to pay for all our medication as well as seeing GP’s and hospital visits to pay for.  The economic situation there is not so good either is it?  I still fancy it though ;-)))    

The News has a front page headline that reads, “Pensioners Are Being Fleeced”.  When I first saw it this morning I thought it was to do with social services forcing the sale of homes to pay for care home fees.  Nope – it’s to do with their families stealing from them.  In some case it is so bad that victims are left with so little they can’t afford to buy food.  I know what they mean!  I know of case where an elderly lady with was fleeced of a minimum of £12,000 – I’ve seen the paper work to prove it.  And that doesn’t cover the amount that went missing from the lady’s various pensions either!  The thief is now dead so can’t be charged with anything.  And the problem for these pensioners is that they afraid to say anything if they do know about it because happening in case there is retribution form the thief.  How low can someone get; to steal for your parents is as low as you can get in my book.

The other main story today is a follow up on the one I reported on yesterday about the area marked for development.  A member of planning committee has claimed that the Plan is not set in stone and that none of the nine areas highlighted by the News is a certainty.  The claim is that they are areas where development may take place, not will take place.  The problem as I see it is that the damage has already been done and because the plan is now public knowledge there may be a drop in house prices because of it.  

Today I think is going to be a lazy day for both of us.  We won’t be going anywhere unless we have to.  It’s a nice sunny day again but both of us feel like having a lazy day.  That suits me because I can sit and get some writing done today.  Well, after I’ve finished doing a little bit of editing that is.  Someone Jan met through Kindle has read and proof read my first book, The Mission.  He has made some nice comments about it … every encouraging too.

Today’s photo is of tram in Soller in Mallorca …

 they are very rickety and noisy but interesting to ride on.  Our trip was part of an all day excursion that we went on.  It was a good trip too, with coach, tram and train.

Today’s funny …

On the day of their 50th anniversary the reminiscing wife finds the negligee she wore on her wedding night and puts it on.  She goes to her husband and says, "Honey, do you remember this?"
He looks up from his newspaper and says, "Yes dear, I do. You wore that same negligee the night we were married."
She says, "Yes, that's right. Do you remember what you said to me that night?"
He nods and says, "Yes dear, I still remember."
"Well, what was it?" she asks.
He's not much in the mood for this, but he sighs and responds, "Well, honey, as I remember, I said, 'Oh baby, I'm going to suck the life out of those b**bs and s***w your brains out".
She giggles and says, "Yes dear, that's it. That's exactly what you said. So now it's fifty years later and I'm in the same negligee. What do you have to say tonight?"
He looked her up and down, and replied, "Mission accomplished."

No comments:

Post a Comment