Sunday 25 March 2012

Not a complet waste then.

25 March 2012

As it turned out I didn't completely waste yesterday after my super-long lie-in.  A ride through town was enough to get a few pictures.  Dorktown tends to be quite a colourless place in general.  Here's one of the Market Place on a non-market day ...

As you can see, the whole place is now paved and from 10am to 4pm traffic is banned from driving through.  But do you see Barclays Bank there on the right?  Well, I remember that the Midland Red busses to Coventry left the bus station and drove along there and turned left by Barclays on its route out of town. 

I've already posted loads of photos of the market held here and around the town centre, but I found a more colourful stall there yesterday ...

Happily Jan wasn't with me otherwise the bank balance might be a lot smaller now ;-)))  On Friday there was a balloon seller in town ... 






why he chose Friday when there were few kids about rather than Saturday when there's load of them, I don't know.

One last one for today then ... 

This is the entrance to a night club that I have passed many times before.  And yet it was only yesterday that I actually saw a photo in this.  The small door does actually spoil it slightly though but I'm not clever enough with the clone tool to sort it out.

Today's funny is short but good ...

Bought a new fly swatter for the caravan and was giving it a try at home.
The wife asked me how many flies I had swatted.
"I've swatted seven", I said "Two males and 5 females"
"How can you tell whether they are male or female" says the missis
"Because I killed two on the beer can and five on the telephone"       

No comments:

Post a Comment