Monday 26 March 2012

A really big bang!

26 March 2012

Dorktown's planners have at last stood up to bully boy builders and said "No" to a development of 84 new houses.  The reason they have taken action is simple; there is a requirement in law apparently that means that in any new development there must be provision of low cost housing.  The company rep said that to provide low cost housing would not allow the plans to make a profit.  Tuff luck I say - and off you go back the drawing boards!

The shop Game is now in administration.  I'm not surprised to be honest.  Last time I was their Dorktown branch was only last week and there were few people in there.  But what made me turn and leave was a young kid running around in one of their shirts.  This prat was messing about.  First off he had the shirt pulled up over his head; then he came back to us and he had tucked it up under the collar at the front.  Sorry Mr Game.  I will not buy from you when your staff behave in a such a disrespectful way to possible customers.

Oh dear ... should we tell them do you think?  There's a photo in the News today of an embroidery done by a group of local.  Thing is, it's for the Queen as part of the diamond thingy that's on-going.  OK, fine - except that a diamond anniversary is 60 years, not the 50 years  they have put in work.  There's a bit of a opps there methinks ;-)))

After my little dig at Jan yesterday she said I will pay for that!  Nowt new there then ;-)))  But actually, she is off to see her sister tomorrow and is stopping over night this time.  That's OK, I was always a tad worried about her driving by herself all the way to Ringway and back in one day.  Next week will be my turn for a overnighter.  But where will I go?  North, south, east or west?  Oh heck ... the pressure, the pressure ... ... ...  This is looking favourite for now ... 

A funny, a funny ... a really good funny ...

A Black country Vasectomy:
After having their 11th child, a Tipton couple decided that was enough, as they could not afford a larger bed.
So the husband went to his local vet and told him that he and his cousin didn't want to have any more children.
The doctor told him that there was a procedure called a vasectomy that could fix the problem but that it was expensive. "A less costly alternative," said the doctor," is to go home, get a Big Banger, light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to your ear and count to 10."
The Tipton bloke said to the doctor, "I may not be the smartest tool in the shed, but I don't see how putting a Big banger in a beer can next to my ear is going to help me." "Trust me," said the doctor.
So the man went home, lit a Big banger and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count:
"1"
"2"
"3"
"4"
"5"
At which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs and resumed counting on his other hand.
This procedure works in Wolverhampton,Walsall, Willenhall and Bilston. And some parts of Stafford.

(I should hasten to add that Black Country folk are not at like that ;-))) )

No comments:

Post a Comment