Tuesday 27 March 2012

Doorstoppers

27 March 2012

I had a run out to Coventry today.  At lunch time I went to the White Friar pub - great place for real ale that one and I had a pint of Adnams Ghost Ship ... and a ham butty ...

I've heard of people in pubs say they do doorstopper butties, but this is the biggest I've had so far.  And no, I didn't through it all but eat all the ham.  But the pint was really nice.

Our councillors are falling out again - mind you, there's nowt new in that is there?  Now it's over the Mary wots-er-name and reviving the town centre.  Dorktown council have applied to be part of the pilot that is supposed to be going on later.  Well, they applied in the name of Dorktown and Bed'th council, after all, that's what it is called.  But the Tory's are crying over it because this ay it should just have been Dorktown and both.  £1 to pinch of mucky stuff if it had been just in Dorktown's name they would be complaining about that too.  But whichever it is, the people of both towns are always complaining too with Dorktowners saying far too much dosh is spent ion Bed'th and of course t'ther way about.  I suppose the council is damned if it does and damned if doesn't.

Sorry folks, the funnies website is down and felling a bit too tired now so I'll cut it short today.      

No comments:

Post a Comment