Saturday 3 March 2012

Too much to do ... ... ...

... and to remember ...

3 March 2012

I have Writing Magazine and Writer's Forum on subscription.  Luckily they don't arrive at the same time because as I read them I learn loads of new things ... but then coming to try to put them into practice, I find I can't remember them.  That really bugs me you know!  It's a good job I keep the mags otherwise I would be wasting the dosh spent out on them.  And it's not just with writing too.  I buy photo mags on a regular basis as well Computeractive.  I just wish I had more time to do all things these mags recommend.  Maybe just putting of these items to use one would good ;-)))  

It seems that the dirty old men brigade may have struck in Coventry.  A senior teacher has been suspended because it is thought he was grooming one of his pupils for sex.  The person who made the complaint was another pupil, not the girl herself.  Of course we don't know the full story here and there may not be anything untoward going on.  However, it does show just how careful not just teachers but all adults have to be when dealing with children. 

The Chilvers Coton Conservative Club here in Dorktown is having problems and they have made a plea for help in sorting it out.  The problem is that there is a big stink at the club.  I would suggest that the big stink is fairly obvious, it is its name and its association with a certain political party where the stink lies.  I'm not surprised that they haven't realized this of course; after all, the idea of foxes and smelly holes come to mind.

I've reported here about the parking problems at the Walsgrave hospital before.  But now it seems that the hospital bosses have dreamed a plan to build 600 house close to the site of the hospital.  They already have serious parking problems but instead of sorting that out they want to make it worse.  And remember folks - it's us tax payers are the ones footing the for these morons to think up such silly ideas!

My few useable photos from Thursday have now been sorted out.  here's an avocet that I got that day ...


And I suppose you're expecting something from the sage too ...

My wife and I were sitting at a table at her high school reunion, and she kept staring at a drunken man swigging his drink as he sat alone at a nearby table.

I asked her, 'Do you know him?'
'Yes,' she sighed, 'He's my old boyfriend.... I understand he took to drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear he hasn't been sober since.'
'My God!' I said, 'Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?'
And then the fight started...    

No comments:

Post a Comment