Sunday 11 March 2012

Brum today

11 March 2012

The Paddy Day march was on in Brum today and I wasn't sure I would be able to get parked at all today.  Well I did but apart from two shots of waiting crowds I didn't get anywhere near the parade. 

The whole idea of going to Brum today was to visit Jessops to find out about some filters for me Alpha 350.  Well, I also had a play with one of the new Alpha 77s too and seeing as I had a SD card with me this time I got a couple of shots with it - here's one ...  

I had already been lusting after one them, now the lust is getting stronger every day!  Oh yes, I didn't get me fikters either ;-)))

Anyway, I got a bit fed up just ridding around on me scooter and decided to go home after three hours.  When I arrived home I decided I was going to be a prat!  MI Taxis here in Dorktown and real pain in arse.  They park where ever they want to without any consideration for other drivers.  In front of Jan's car was space for two cars to be parked - or there would have been if one of MI's drivers had parked properly.  So I parked my Golf as close to his front bumper as I could without touching it and then parked Jan's Picasso close to his rear bumper.  Then I left a note to tell him to park properly or he would be blocked in like that every time he parks there.  I'm just fed-up of it with them.  I counted 14 of their cars here in the street one day.  And not only that, they've taken to parking in the street while they wait for calls for business, instead of at the town taxi rank where they should be.

I have to go to the Vampire Hall at the Hussy Hospital tomorrow for blood tests ready for the next diabetic clinic in four weeks time.  They just love sucking you dry up there ;-)))  Anyway, the doc should be pleased this time around seeing as I have lost quite a bit of weight since I last one to the clinic.  I tried on pair of jeans today that I haven't been able to get into for some years now ... and they now fit OK.  Must have lost some then eh?  Still, you know what these people are like, I suppose it still won't be good enough for them.

A photo from today's lot then ... now which one I wonder ... right got it ... 

This is the new Library being built in Centenary Square in Brum.  There's a lot of debate in some places about it but I rather like it and will looking forward to getting inside for a look around when it's open.

Funny time ...

On a train from London to Manchester, an American was telling off the Englishman sitting across from him in the compartment.

"You English are too stuffy. You set yourselves apart too much. Look at me... in me, I have Italian blood, French blood, a little Indian blood, and some Swedish blood. What do you say to that?"

The Englishman said, "Very sporting of your mother."  

No comments:

Post a Comment