Saturday 6 July 2013

Up early, camera progress and Thailand



6 July 2013

Saturday morning and I was up at 6.45 (felt like the middle of the night!) ready for when our new cooker was due to arrive between 7am to 10am.  He arrived at 8.45; now we can have some home cooked food at last.  We're up early tomorrow cos Jan wants to go to North Wales for some landscape photos; and guess what, I have a phone appointment on Monday at 8.30 with my GP.  Such is life I suppose.

Sony sent me a text yesterday to say that my camera had arrived at their repair centre near Bridgend in South Wales.  That cost me £117 just so they could start looking at it.  Now I'm wondering how much that will cost me all told.  But at the price of the camera and it only being 7 months old, I shall have to pay it.  The A350 is working OK though.  I have been toying with selling it but I won't be doing so now.!

Jan arrived home about 8pm.  It will be the last time that she sees her sister seeing as they are planning to move to Thailand.  Trish has a number of health concerns (although Jan says she off all her meds now), but that might be a temporary thing.  If they start up again after she has moved there she'll find it hard to live there simply because of costs.  I hope it works out for them, but I have a feeling it won't last all that long.

It was on this day in 1535 that Sir Thomas More, one time Lord Chancellor lost his head cos he wouldn't accept Henry VIII as head of the CofE.  A more up to date event was this day in 1971 when jazz legend Louis Armstrong died of a heart attack.  And 12 months ago on this day parts of the UK were flooded after continuous heavy rain.  Look at it now - bright sunlight and warmth -AND, pollen levels up through the roof!
 
Today's photo then ... 

A blue flower I shot when out at Kingsbury last week; no idea what flower it is though.

And a funny ... an oldie but goodie ...

A Pastor goes to the dentist for a set of false teeth. The first Sunday after he gets his new teeth, he talks for only eight minutes. The second Sunday, he talks for only ten minutes. The following Sunday, he talks for 2 hours and 48 minutes.
The congregation had to mob him to get him down from the pulpit and they asked him what happened.
The Pastor explains the first Sunday his gums hurt so bad he couldn't talk for more than 8 minutes. The second Sunday his gums hurt too much to talk for more than 10 minutes.
But, the third Sunday, he put his wife's teeth in by mistake and he couldn't shut up??.        

No comments:

Post a Comment