Thursday 4 July 2013

July 4, daft Dorktown-speak and friends visiting



4 July 2013

Independence Day!  Today is the day that Yanks celebrate breaking away from England.  They have what I would prefer, no monarchy to bow to and a constitution to keep things honest!  Of course having a monarchy means we as a nation don't have a constitution as such, no written document that is.  Of course the one the Yanks have has caused all sorts of problems for them and what was originally a simple document of intent has no become a battleground for shyster lawyers to make tons of money.  Ah well, I suppose we will potter along with our current system seeing as there is a majority of the population is in favour of the monarchy.

So Jan went off yesterday and left me all alone here in Dorktown.  So in the afternoon I went a ride into town.  I had to post my A77 to Sony anyway and I prefer to use the main post office in the town centre cos I can my scooter in there.  Anyway, while I was out I overheard a few comments which amused me.  The first was from a man who was talking to a couple of friends.  He said, "We're on the bus today."  Me being in a pernickety mood thought to myself, "Dickhead!  No you're not you're standing in Dorktown centre talking to friends.  Busses aren't allowed in here!"  Like I said, pernickety!"

Next step for me was Smudges place where I found Writers Forum and a photo-mag.  As I approached the tills I heard one of the girls there saying, "I frit meself seeing Luther last night.  Not seeing that again!"  'Frit'?  Come on girl, speak proper English like wot us do ;-)))

Yeah, OK, I know - but as I said, I was a pernickety mood.  The last one comment though had more than a little concerned.  I was sat in the Willy White and there was a group of young lads sat down by the bar.  And someone made a comment about a girl being gang raped - and all his mates burst out laughing.  Was it a joke and I only caught the punch line?  Or was it referring to an actually event?  I don't know but I don't see anything funny at all about gang rape"  Do you?

Jan might be away but she still pulls the strings here.  She has just phoned me to say that some friends we made in Weston are attending a funeral in our area and were wondering if they could come and see us.  Well, of course they can, no problems at all ... except we can't put them up.  So I now have to go to the sheltered complex and find out if they have a family room and if it is free for next Friday night.  I hope they do and it is; Geoff and Pauline are a nice couple. It would be good to see them again.

And so we come to a photo ... 

jet bike family fun.

And for a funny I offer ...

We all know how stupid it is to drink and drive.
Well I did something about it last night when I got slaughtered with a few pals. I took the bus home! I arrived safely and without incident.
That quite surprised me since I had never driven a bus before and have no idea where I got it from.       

No comments:

Post a Comment