Thursday 11 July 2013

Forgotten, remembered and a little red pest!




11 July 2013

I have a question this morning; How much have I forgotten that I don't know I have forgotten?  This is not as a daft a question as you might be thinking.  I do remember oh so many times when I did something really daft or pointless ... like the time I - well, never mind!  But this morning one of my virtual friends Jennie Orbell who writes one of the blogs I read (http://jennieorbell.wordpress.com/2013/07/11/to-end-your-days-as-nothing-more-than-a-smear/) reminded me of one such item I had forgotten about.

As a boy I used to sit for hours on our front door step squashing the little red mites that always seemed to be there.  The more I squashed the more came out.  In 1970 we moved from Arley to Dorktown and yet again the little red mites were swarming all over the brickwork of the front garden wall.  At that time I was 21 and in the army and far too busy to play such games as squashing them.  But here's the thing; that was the last time I remember seeing the mites.  It was the last time I remember thinking about them too.  Just one more item I had forgotten about without knowing it.  How much more is there to remember - nothing of importance I hope!

Oh yes - do any of my readers have any idea as to why Jennie is being plagued by these creature in her computer and nowhere else?  If so please let her know.

The Hussy is in the News again.  This time it's because of a plan to create a 'centre of excellence' in two ward that are currently closed and only opened when there is real shortage of beds, like the Norovirus outbreak earlier this year.  But I don't understand why they have two wards closed anyway!  Even without them the Trust can't make ends meet so how will they manage if they open them up full time again?  dunna mek sense ter me!    
Tomorrow we have friends coming to see us.  They will sleep in the guest room of complex our place is linked to.  We had mentioned Dorktown market to them but seeing as they have to drive back to Cornwall after they leave us, I'm not so sure they will want to walk around there first.  We'll have to see later.  But for now I have a lot to do in kitchen for when they are here and at some point I shall have to go down to Asda for a few bits n bobs.

There are some strange folk about guys n gals!  Just before we went to Weston I was contacted by another Flickr user asking for permission to use one of my images in an on-line article thingy he writes.  I gave him permission to do so.  But that got me wondering and since then I have been looking for snapping benches whenever I see them.  Actually, the various designs of these things is pretty varied.  Here's one from the Ropewalk in Dorktown ...

And today the Sage has spoken ...

An Old man is walking down the street one afternoon when he sees a woman with perfect breasts. He says to her, "Hey miss, would you let me BITE your breasts for £100?"
 
"Are you nuts?!" she replies, and keeps walking away.
He turns around, runs around the block and gets to the corner before she does.
"Would you let me bite your breasts for £1,000?" he asks again.
"Listen you; I'm not that kind of woman! Got it?"
So the little old man runs around the next block and faces her again.
"Would you let me bite your breasts - just once - for £10,000?!"
She thinks about it for a while and says, "Hmmmmm, £10,000... Ok, just once, but not here. Let's go to that dark alley over there."
So they go into the alley, where she takes off her blouse to reveal the most perfect breasts in the world. As soon as he sees them, he grabs them and starts caressing them, fondling them slowly, kissing them, licking them, burying his face in them - but not biting them.
The woman finally gets annoyed and asks, 'Well? Are you gonna bite them or not?'
"Nah," says the little old  man... "It Costs too much!"

No comments:

Post a Comment