Tuesday 2 July 2013

Building plans, objections and Jan's off for a few days



2 July 2013

A few days ago I reported on the news that a new development in the town centre would be made public in mid July.  Now it seems that it could be delayed - again!  Warwickshire County Council are involved with it seeing as they own part of the land included in to project.  They can't make a decision until Dorktown Council does.  And so it goes on and on and ... ... ...

The project includes a new library, a plush hotel, new office accommodation as well as new retail units.  Objections are being made by Dorktowners already.  One such objector wrote to the News pointing out that recently built Ropewalk isn't doing as well as it was hope for and the high number of empty units in the town so why does the town need even more units to stand empty?  He points out that the current library is still adequate and doesn't need replacing and there is a large office block, the former tax office is standing empty - so why the need for new offices?  

As for the 'plush hotel', well, who is likely to stay there?  There's nowt in town to draw visitors so why build it?  The writer then mentions the ring road in the hope that it too has to be taken into account.  All in all, this is yet again another waste of dosh all round!  The town doesn't need it, the town's people don't need or see any point to it; so why do it?

Jan is off on her travels again tomorrow, down to Ringwood for two nights with her sister an on Friday she will headed for Bournemouth for a photo shoot.  So I was hoping to take the opportunity to pop off for a couple of days too.  Not sure where right now, I shall have a look and see what I fancy later this evening; no, hang on, I won't be able to go.  Our new cooker is due on Saturday.  They will phone here on Friday to give us a three hour time slot but it could be anytime between 7am and 7pm.  Ah well, I shall have to be up and about for it.  I don't fancy them calling me while I'm driving home.  Jan has suggested I go next week instead.  Sounds good - but when and wherever I go I shall be missing my A77 of course but at least I will have my A350 to play with.

So, photo time then ... 

some Ghurkha ladies dancing on Saturday.

Funny time (thanks to Jan this time)

There was 11 people hanging onto a rope on the underside of a helicopter. Ten men and one women.
They all decided that one person should get off because if they didnt the rope would BREAK and everyone would die. They couldn’t decide who should go So finally the women gave a really touching speech saying how she would give up her life to save the others. Because women were used to giving up things for their husbands and children , giving into men and not receiving anything in return. When she finished speaking all the men clapped.  

Never underestimate the power of a WOMAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment