Saturday 20 July 2013

I'm home again, too many gulls and a good value trip



20 July 2013

Well, I'm home again after four good days in Torbay.  I say good because overall it was a good four days.  Hot sunny days, hot sweaty nights, and lots to do.  However, there's enough gulls in Paignton to supply the rest of the UK!  And the noise is horrendous.  I've had stay in various seaside towns and so on and I've never known it to be so bad anywhere else.  Other than that, it was great. 

I saw a guy on a scooter getting off a bus.  The bus floor was lowered and the driver pulls a ramp out so the scooter just drives straight off.  "Oh great," I thought, "I'll get the bus on Wednesday to Torquay."  So I tried - but my scooter is too long to fit in the space.  Ah well, I tried at least.

I did manage to make a big mistake though!  On Wednesday I did the Round Robin trip; a steam train ride from Paignton to Kingswear, a ferry crossing to Dartmouth, river boat cruise up the River Dart to Totnes and a bus back to Paignton.  At £20.50 for the full day trip its bloomin good value.  Anyway ... there I was taking lost of photos when I thought about getting ready to change the memory card.  Oh heck - no spare CF cards, I'd left them in the hotel room.  That cost me £19.99 for new one.  The things is, I was using my A350 and that is now a spare camera again seeing as my A77 is back good as new.  However, I now can't find my USB stick with all my writing on it.  I shall have to look a lot harder later today.    

Sun burn wasn't so bad this time.  Mainly because I had burned before I suppose.  I'd also taken a few pairs of shorts with me, but no tee shirts, so that was something else I had to go and buy.  Tee shirt sleeves are shorter than my usually polo shirts so I got a touch burned in the white space left showing.  My face is a bit red though.  BUT ... that is the last one now until October when we go off together to Blackpool for my birthday.  Why Blackpool?  Why not?  At least there's something on there in October.   And don't forget Funny Girls!  That is always worth going to see. 

We have Kile with us now for as long as we want him.  His mum Sam loves him to bits but she is always happy to see him come to us or go his nan Leslie for a few days.  Nice lass is Leslie, lives at Hartshill.  At least there Kile has lots of kids his own age to play with.  Sadly, there aren't here.  Our neighbours are either elderly or disabled and there's no children here.  He still loves to come here though.  And of course it gives the chance to spoil him rotten ;-)))

So I have a good choice for today's photo, all taken over the last five days.  So which one will it be ... Yes got it ... 

the Cardiff Castle, the boat I was on for the river cruise.

And the Sage has spoken ...

A long married couple came upon a wishing well. The wife leaned over, made a wish and threw in a penny.
The husband decided to make a wish too. But he leaned over too much, fell into the well, and drowned.
The wife was stunned for a moment, but then smiled, 'It really works!' 

No comments:

Post a Comment