Saturday 13 July 2013

Friends, heat and my fall



13 July 2013

Our friends have left to begin their long drive back to St Austell in Cornwall.  Geoff seems to think that it's a straight four hour drive but they have to stop fairly often for breaks.  Having left at 3 0'clock I think it's going to be knocking on 10ish before they get home.  It's been good to meet up with them again, we've had a good time in their company and I'm hoping they have enjoyed being here.  Sadly they had to come up to Telford for a funeral.  They asked if they could drop in on the way home.  That was fine with us.

So now we just sitting and melting nicely in the heat.  We sat outside for a time but it was far too hot and had to come back inside.  Its currently 780 in old money in our living room; and that's with a fan going and the back door open too.  I'm dreading it getting any warmer.  Of course, when winter comes we will all be moaning about how cold it is and wishing the summer will hurry up.  Typical eh? Actually, it's far too hot to do much at all.  I really feel for the poor sods who have to work in this.  So this one will be another shot one.

Today's photo is ... 

Old John Tower at Bradgate.  I had my fall off the scooter about 100 metres off to the left there.

Today's funny ...

My wife was furious when I told her I'd booked a table for the two of us last night. How was I supposed to know she doesn't like snooker?

No comments:

Post a Comment