Sunday 14 July 2013

Ring me, Belfast and Happy Snapper



14 July 2013

A phone call at aorund 9.30 last night told us that Pauline and Geoff had arrived back in Cornwall safe and sound.  That was good to know but we hadn't asked them to do so.  It's something that bugs both of us somewhat when people say as we leave there place, "Ring me to let me know you're back home safely."  My mother was one of them and Jan's sister is another.  With her sister though, when Jan did phone Trish had either forgotten or was in bed - ah well ... ... ...

The streets of part of Belfast are being torn apart again by protestant protestors being upset because they are not being allowed to parade on the roads where they want to go.  Their leaders say that no-one will tell them which church to attend or which route they will walk to get there.  Yet they whole idea of the parades is celebrate the defeat of Catholics in a battle a couple of hundred years ago.  And that is where the problem lies!  One group wants to celebrate, another group doesn't; who is right and who is wrong?  No idea - but seeing as the Christianity is suppose to be about forgiveness and brotherly love, I see none of either in Belfast.

Jan is getting ready for church.  She has been asked to take some photos of the service while it is on.  It seems different people will be taking part at various times and because of the photos she took when they went off to Kingsbury Water Park a few weeks ago it has been deemed that she might want to do so again.  Hope it goes OK for her and them.

While Jan is having fun being snap-happy, I shall be packing my case ready for tomorrow.  The weather forecast is for hot and sunny with blue skies all round for the week.  Fine, I can live with that.  All I need to do now is to find one of hats so I don't get sun stroke as I did once earlier this year!

Today's photo ... 

was taken on Thursday, looking up towards Market Place from outside Wilkinsons.  I rather like this one.

And today's funny ...

The guys were on a bike tour. No one wanted to room with Mick, because he snored so badly. They decided it wasn't fair to make one of them stay with him the whole time, so they voted to take turns.
The first guy slept with Mick and comes to breakfast the next morning with his hair a mess and his eyes all bloodshot.

They said, "Man, what happened to you?  
He said, "Mick snored so loudly, I just sat up and watched him all night."
The next night it was a different guy's turn. In the morning, same thing, hair all standing up, eyes all bloodshot.
They said, "Man, what happened to you? You look awful!
He said, 'Man, that Mick shakes the roof with his snoring. I watched him all night."
The third night was Bill's turn.  He was a tanned, older biker, a man's man.. The next morning he came to breakfast bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
"Good morning!" he said.  They couldn't believe it. They said, "Man, what happened?"
He said, "Well, we got ready for bed. I went and tucked Mick into bed, patted him on the arse, and kissed him good night on the lips.   Mick sat
up and watched me all night."              

No comments:

Post a Comment