Friday 5 July 2013

Egypt, Rioters and the New Forest for Jan



5 July 2013

Front page of today's News is all about the footie rioters from earlier in the year.  They've printed the names of 23 men, all but one from Dorktown including three from the same family.  The odd one is a guy from Lincoln who has pleaded guilty and will be sentenced at crown court later in the month.  I just can't understand what there was to riot over.  Whatever, 23 men will now pay for their stupidity!

So Egypt is in turmoil again.  I have always fancied going there, one of those Nile cruses would be great fun for me.  Right now of course I wouldn't be wanting to go there, it's just not safe at all.  The so-called Arab Spring has snapped and the killing just goes on and on.  And remember my friends, Islam is a religion of peace; yeah, it sure does look like it!

Jan has phoned to say that she won't be going on to Bournemouth today.  Trish's hubby Keith is putting a couple of places in the New Forest where she is hoping to go and get some decent landscape shots.  That is something I haven't done so I hope it works OK for her.  Anyway, it's a nice bright sunny day today and I suppose I could go down town on the scooter.  But in reality, it would going out for the sake of it.  Besides, I have things to do here - like getting on with my third Fred Copper novel now that Web of Hate is finally available on Kindle and in print.    

I was up at 8am this morning to try to get an appointment with a GP.  After trying for 25 minutes I finally got through - to our old practice, not the new one.  I eventually found their number but by that time I as far too late to get an appointment today.  Luckily it's not urgent, I only need to have a few items on my repeat prescription re-newed.  So now I have a phone appointment with one of the GPs actually calling me at 8.30 on Monday morning.  Good job I'm not short of anything eh ;-)))

Today's photo then is a water skier at Kingsbury last Saturday ...   

Looking at it again and thinking of jet ski things too, there's no way that I could try either of them.  My back just isn't up to that sort of pounding. 

And today's funny is from the Sage ...
My husband and I were dressed and ready to go out for a lovely evening of dinner and theatre. Having been burgled in the past, we turned on a 'night light' and the answering machine, then put the cat in the backyard.. When our cab arrived, we walked out our front door and our rather tubby cat scooted between our legs inside, and then ran up the stairs. Because our cat likes to chase our budgie we really didn't want to leave them unchaperoned so my husband ran inside to retrieve her and put her in the back yard again.

Because I didn't want the taxi driver to know our house was going to be empty all evening, I explained to him that my husband would be out momentarily as he was just bidding goodnight to my mother. A few minutes later he got into the cab all hot and bothered, and said (to my growing horror and amusement) as the cab pulled away.

"Sorry it took so long but the stupid bitch was hiding under the bed and I had to poke her backside with a coat hanger to get her to come out! She tried to take off so I grabbed her by the neck and wrapped her in a blanket so she wouldn't scratch me like she did last time. But it worked! I hauled her fat backside down the stairs and threw her into the backyard....she had better not **** in the vegetable garden again."
The silence in the taxi was deafening.....

No comments:

Post a Comment