Tuesday 9 July 2013

Bradgate disaster, Mark upstairs and a Labour candidate



9 July 2013

Yesterday's trip to Bradgate was a disaster!  We arrived OK and set off on our scooters, got a few shots from just inside the park and set off to get some more.  At one point we were going over some rough ground when my scooter over balance and threw me off.  Luckily my camera wasn't damaged this time but not so for me.  I had a large chunk of skin peeled fairly deeply off my right elbow.  It bleed like mad and I could carry on like that.  By the time we got back to the car I was feeling very sick, enough for Jan to have to drive back home.  I even felt bad enough to go back to bed for a couple of hours too.  It's not hurting right now so hopefully it just needs to left alone to heal by itself.  Ah well ...

Jan spoke to Mark in the flat above us yesterday afternoon.  He's apologised for the hassle on Sunday night.  That's OK but unless he gets a grips and stops strangers from living there things will not get any better.  He will eventually end up being evicted and he will have no-one but himself to blame for it. 

The row going on nationally in the Labour Party hasn't actually touched Dorktown - yet!  The Tories won the seat in 2010 with a majority of just over 2000 votes.  So the local Labour Party began looking for a new candidate for the general election due in 2015.  There were two hopefuls; one a local lass, 22 years old Vicky Fowler, and the other was the one time news reader Miriam O'Reilly; the former was chosen.  What didn't help O'Reilly I'm sure is that she doesn't live in the town and had no intention of doing so.  How could she hope to represent us?  So now we know at least two candidates.  I wonder who else will stand.

Today's photo then ... 

yet another blue flower, this time a rose; I love that colour!          

Today's funny ...

The missus said to me '' you only want sex when your drunk''
''Not true'' I replied, '' sometimes I want a kebab''.

No comments:

Post a Comment