Monday 22 July 2013

A fishy tale, a row and lots to read.



21 July 2013

Yesterday I took Kile out to A5 Aquatics to choose a new goldfish after one died a few weeks ago.  He's chosen a nice one too.  From there we went off to Tesco Arena, a large Tesco EXTRA beside the Ricoh Arena.  From there we went for MacDonald's, Kile's Sunday treat when he's with us.  Right next door to the place though is Wachy Warehouse, a pub with a large play area attached to it.  So Kile got to go there for an hour while I had a pint and read of a photo-mag I hadn't read before.  From there we went Kile's home to pick up a few odds and ends he'd forgotten on Friday ... and he decided that he wanted to stay at home then.  Ah well ... ... ...

In a way I can't say I blame him.  Friday evening Jan went out to water all our planters as well June's, next door but one.  Suddenly there was a lot of shouting going on.  It seems that Jan asked a innocent question and the woman next door to June the other side had started on her.  The rant went on for nearly 20 minutes,  Three times I closed the door on her and three times she opened it.  Kile ran and hid in our bedroom because, terrified of it.  He really does get frightened of such shouting and raving.  Eventually she did go away.  So far we've had two neighbours come to see us over it and they said pretty much the same.  It seems that the shouter goes crazy at times and then doesn't remember it afterwards.  Whatever, I'm not the sort to allow such behaviour to go unchallenged.  Jan has just reported it the council housing officer.  What with the drug dealer we since found out about as well, the shine of this place is getting slightly dulled.

Today we are having a lazy day.  We shall sit and watch loads of medical progs we have recorded hopefully we will have an attempt to catch up with them.  But I'm sure we will do it.  Jan's sister Trish is heading off to Thailand to live.  Jan called in last week to see her and came back with a huge great big Epson continuous ink printer/fax/scanner thing.  At the moment we don't have anywhere to put it.  So at some point we will head over to a place called Second Chance to see if they have a smallish table.  When we do finally get one Jan will have the Kodak printer I have under my computer desk and I'll have the Epson in place of the Kodak. 

There's not a lot on today's News so all of this is domestic rather than local/national thoughts.  Oh yes ... last Monday on my way down to Devon I had the radio on.  One item that was on was about buying books for summer reading, and giving out recommendations.  It then struck me that I hadn't packed the Peter James I'm half way through.  At the next services I went into Smudges Place and bought the new Ian Rankin, Standing in Another Man's Grave, and a John Grisham I haven't read.  Why not, buy one get one half price seems and good deal to me - and more so at the motorway services!  The Rankin is very good, good old Rebus is back in the saddle - well, nearly.  He's still his normal off the rail self causing upset with fellow officers - although he has been forced to retire.  I can safely tell you that bit seeing Rankin retired him some time ago.  My 'to be read' book list has now grown a lot seeing as Jan brought five books with three novels each in them as well as the printer.  Ah well ... ... ...

Will you or have you already bought the new Rowling book?  I haven't even bought the other one she put out.  In fact I don't have much intention of doing so either seeing as after 20 odd pages of the first Parry Hotter and gave up on her!  Hopefully though, she has improved now.        

So then, what photo today ... a real blast from the past ... 

Do you remember the Five Boys chocolate?  I do even it does age me ;-)))

And the Sage has spoken again ...

 
A man was walking to the shop for his morning paper when he noticed a most unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery. A black hearse was followed by a second black hearse about 50 Feet behind the first one. Behind the second hearse was a solitary man walking a dog on a leash. Behind him, a short distance back, were about 200 men walking single file.

The man couldn't stand the curiosity. He respectfully approached the man walking the dog and said:
"I am so sorry for your loss, and this may be a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a funeral like this. Whose funeral is it?"

"My wife's."

''What happened to her?"

"She yelled at me and my dog attacked and killed her."

He inquired further, "But who is in the second hearse?"

The man answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my wife when the dog turned on her."

A very poignant and touching moment of brotherhood and silence passed between the two men.

"Can I borrow the dog?"

The man replied, "Get in line."

No comments:

Post a Comment