Thursday 14 March 2013

Still tired, quotes and Kiles wedding plans ;-)))



14 March 2013

No blog for a couple of days due to feeling pretty well washed out and tired.  I'm still tired now but nowhere near as much so as the last few days.  So, here we go then ...
"Mark my words!" she said.  While I was at school that is how I was taught to write words spoken by someone else.  But any new book these days and you will find, 'Mark my words!' instead.  One person I asked says that although the current trend is the latter style either is acceptable.  OK, but one of the willing workers in Waterstones says that there is a rule that says that the latter above is correct but the former is correct when someone is quoting another person.  Time I went back to bed methinks ... ... ... anyway, aren't rules made to be broken?  Mind, I suppose you need to know them so you can break them.  Me eds urtin agen.

We are due to have Kile tomorrow overnight; he's due to go to a weeding so we have to have him with his t'ther gran by 4pm Saturday afternoon.  By that I think it is just the reception they are going to.  A couple of years ago he was taken to another wedding and he told me that the party after the boring bit in church was OK but he wouldn't want the boring bit when he gets married.  I laughed at that seeing as how young he is.  There's plenty of time eh ;-)))

I'm not sure I've posted this one but here it is anyway ... 

a female blackbird.

And a funny ...

It's times like these when I'm sat in bed with my computer on my knee when I really wish I'd bought a laptop.     

No comments:

Post a Comment