Saturday 23 March 2013

Blackberry confusion, CCFC, and deer 'jam'



23 March 2013

We got up this morning to around 5" of snow and at 10.55 it's still coming.  It's very fine snow though and the wind is blowing hard making it come down at a pretty steep angle.  Somewhere locally there will be some large drifts built up.  Whatever, we're not going anywhere today and will stay in where it is warm and comfortable.  One of the neighbours has been going round asking if anyone wanted any shopping done.  That is a nice thought and shows just how these blocks of flats are so friendly and helpful.  Neighbourliness is not dead and buried!

Confusion reigns yet again in Jaronland after I decided to update my three year old Blackberry for a newer model.  Now I have to get used to all the bits n bobs that have been added and to learn how to use them.  One thing I have been disappointed with however, is that I have a few memo files on the old which I can't puzzle out how to transfer to the new one.  We both thought that by keeping the same phone number and using the same SIM card all my files would transfer with it ... oh dear ... ... ...  I'll sort it out eventually.

For some time now there has been a lot of concern about Coventry City FC.  The current owners are SISU, a hedge fund management company.  They owe £1.4 million in unpaid rent to the Ricoh stadium owners.  By the looks of it SISU is trying to pull a fast one to avoid paying up.  I think that by now if I had money invested in SISU I would be looking to get it out.  There certainly seems to be something wrong there.  Whatever it is it's not doing the football club any favours at all.  I'm thinking that there may be a lot of fans thinking that the move from Highfield Road to the Ricoh was mistake.  The club actually owned that ground!

Do you fancy eating road kill animals?  No, neither do I; you don't know how long it has been lying there or if it died as crossed the road and not hit by a vehicle.  However, in Montana there is a new permit system coming in to effect which will allow someone people to recover the dead animals and use them for food.  Only in the States eh?  Well, maybe not if you think about it.  Look at the horse meat incident here in Europe at the moment.  How could anyone in Montana know if the joint of venison they have just bought is from a genuine source or a road kill?  It's not my idea of a nice Sunday roast dinner. 

Today's Telegraphy leads with the ongoin Coventry City story, which seems pretty obvious really.  The In The Courts column list 21 cases; eight of the defendants were found guilty in their absence and five more were in court again for failing to attend the community/unpaid work they had earlier been sentenced to.  That seems to me to show a lack of respect for the Law.  Many reformers say that community work orders are a better option than fine and jail time.  I have to disagree there.  The figures in today's paper shows it to be working and the idea that they don't turn up in court for a case is pretty disrespectful in my view.  No wonder the country is in such a mess!

I saw this couple ... 

as they walked towards me in a different part of the town centre and couldn't believe my eyes.  That is a red and white dressing gown that woman is wearing.  Some people just don't have any pride do they!

Funny time ...

Took my sick dog to the vets today. The vet looked at me and said " Say ahhhhh". I asked "Are you crazy? There's nothing wrong with me". He replied "I know, but your dog just died".         

No comments:

Post a Comment