Wednesday 6 March 2013

LCP, knackered and a flood



6 March 2013

I got a bit tied up yesterday and rushed out for an appointment at Specsavers at 10.30.  OK, no problem there. so I made my way to the library to do a bit f research; that was a waste of time seeing as what I wanted was the phone books and business directories.  They've been got rid of!  Next was Wilkinson for some plant pots and compost.  Plant pots was easy but even the smallest bag of compost was too large and heavy to fit on my scooter.  So off I went to Asda and did a bit of shopping and then off home.  One mug of tea later I was off to pay a bill at the local post office and get my hair cut.  My hair was done but the bill still needs paying seeing as I forgot the card to pay it.  By the time I got back home around 3.30 I was totally bushed.  The problem was that by that time I had only had two mugs of tea and a cappuccino in Costas and nowt to eat.  Ah well ... ... ...

The Hussy is in the News again.  This time the Chief Executive is saying they welcome a whistle blowing culture.  There is an upcoming investigation into the high mortality rate at the hospital.  I wonder how he will feel when he gets the complaint I am going to make over the treatment Jan had over the last week.  Actually, the treatment itself was OK but it was the lack of communication between staff when there was enough staff and the general lack of staff.  The food is diabolical.  Jan sent me a photo of an omelette and it looked like it needed the last rights read over it.  Of the three who ordered it that day none of them ate it or even tried too; it was stone cold anyway!

Despatches on telly on Monday was a disturbing look at the LCP, or Liverpool Care Plan, a so-called life plan that many elderly people are being put on while in hospital.  One man was put on it at the weekend but on the Monday a more senior doctor took him off it; he lived for another 14 months!  In another instance there was a lady put on the plan by a junior doctor when the order should be done by a team of at least three.  The fear is that many of them are being put on this plan simply to cut costs.  I'm wondering if some doctors are doing so because they just can't be bothered with elderly patients.  In many of the cases patients and even their families are not being told of it.  This issue worries me because my mother has advanced dementia and I'm sure that she would be put on it because of it.  OK, mother doesn't have all that good a quality of life right now, but no one has a right to say she doesn't have a right to live that life she still has.  And that should be concern of all of us, not just me and Jan and anyone else in a similar situation!      

Dorktown council have been present with another problem in regards to flooding.  There's a grave yard on Bucks Hill and that has flooded.  No one knows where the water has come from but families are upset and a little angry over it.  There's photo on the front page of the News showing water up to the head stones.  But I wonder just what effect it is have deeper down.  I can understand why they are upset.

Photo time ... 

a train entering Dorktown TV station.  The 'TV' stands for Trent Valley and comes from the time when the town had two stations.  The TV station was for trains heading north or south.  The second station was Abbey Station and was used for trains to and from Brum and Leicester.  Dr Beaching had that one closed down!  Now I know you will sleep well knowing about that.                

Today's funny ...

"As a kid I was made to walk the plank. We couldn't afford a dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment