Sunday 17 March 2013

Busted DVD, elf and crazy bods and a riot in Dorktown



17 March 2013

No blog again yesterday, mainly because after Kile had been taken off to a wedding anniversary party I went off into town to do some shopping.  Here we were with an excited Kile waiting to watch Tremors yet again and guess what?  Yes, the DVD crashed on us!  So that was why I went off shopping.  We are trying to keep away from blue ray though, far too expensive for buying the films for it.  So in the end I bought a Sony DVD for £36 from Currys.  Later today I shall get that set up.  But ... on the way back from town I called in to the Anker for a pint - and had two pints of Abbot, and very nice they were too.  However, by the time I got back home I wasn't up to sitting and doing the blog. 

While I was sitting having a minute in Asda, and hoping that the rain would ease up before I walked to the car, I overheard a lady talking to her mum on the phone.  She was saying there there had been a riot in the town centred on The Granby pub. and there were 'hundreds' of police all over the area.  Later in the Anker I got speaking to a man who said that the Granby had been totally smashed up and that Crown and Railway Tavern were on lock down with the landlords only letting people who they knew or recognised.  The rioters had arrived by train so the two pubs on a direct line from the Granby to the station passed both the locked down pubs. 

But what the hell is wrong with these people?  At one time 10 or 12 pints was a quiet night for me.  Yet all I ever wanted to do was get to bed and sleep.  I'm still the same now as evidenced by me being too tired to sit and write the bog yesterday - and that is after just two pints!  So why do these morons only see red and want to smash things and fight the cops when they get drunk.  I just can't understand it at all!   

While in town I bought a Maily Dale and sat reading it while enjoying my Abbot.  It seems that the elf and crazy crew are at it again.  The claim is that sitting is now a health hazard.  Of course, that's just what the head line said, they certainly know how to grab attention don't they!  Reading the story behind it you find out that in actually fact sitting is not a hazard for the sitter, but sticking your legs out is a hazard for others walking by.  It seems that in a shopping centre in Worcestershire is banning students from using a raised platform to sit on while they completed some of their home work.  As the Dale says though, it's probably more a case of getting rid of them because they are not spending any dosh!

I had hoped that I had a photo of the area where the riot was yesterday; I haven't instead here's one looking at the market taken from outside the Granby pub ...  

Those market traders wouldn't all that happy at having their trade chased off by drunken louts methinks!

A special funny today seeing as Brum is having its annual St Paddy's Day parade-  

Archaeologists in Ireland have discovered a snowman's graveyard.  Further investigation proved it to be a carrot field.   

No comments:

Post a Comment