Wednesday 20 March 2013

Mother, litter and the riot



20 March 2013

After all the rushing yesterday we began to get even more concerned about mother.  At one time her oxygen level was down to 74% and we were warned to expect the worst.  I'm sorry to say that I can't sit for hours in a hospital so Jan sat with her up to 7pm.  Mother was then to be admitted to a ward.  During the afternoon I made a number of phone calls to let family know how things were.  Surprisingly we both slept pretty well last night even if we were expecting a phone call to go to the hospital.  This morning we phoned the hospital to ask how she was and were surprised that she had recovered somewhat in that her 'obs' were now stable and near normal and that she had been talking to the nurses too.  Relief all round thankfully.

There's a lot of fuss across the country about litter these days, but have a look at this ... 

Our block of flats is fairly large but it is divided into smaller blogs of four flats.  That pile of leaflets was push through the main door of our block of four flats sometime yesterday afternoon.  By the time Jan got home last night she was tired, stressed and feeling pretty low all round.  She didn't notice all those leaflets and managed to slip on them going arse over tit and ending doing a split and pulling her leg muscles.  See that one still hanging on through the letter box?  Well, that is just one of 12 magazines that the council sends out four times a year.  The next block of four along also had 12 of them.  Luckily Jan wasn't seriously hurt but one day someone will be.  It's time that the outside letterboxes were sealed!

Last Saturday I reported on the so-called riot in town.  It seems to have been confined to the Granby but on Monday the place was open to the public again so I was wondering just how bad that riot was.  Well, this morning's News had a report on it complete with a photo of the police in a semi-circle around the pub.  The police cells were rather busy that day seeing that 87 arrests were made.  That's a lot for such a small pub in a town which is fairly small too.  Police are still investigating what it was all about and were watching CCTV footage covering that area.  Local businessman and chairman of the Dorktown Town footie club has said that any of their fans involved with it will get a life time ban from club ground.  That's fine as long as those involved were Dorktown supports, but what if they were from Grimsby where the visitors came from?

On a brighter note, here's a second photo for today ... 

two goldfinches on one of our feeders.

And today's funny is ...
 
A cabbie picks up a Nun.
She gets into the cab, and notices that the VERY handsome cab driver won't stop staring at her.  She asks him why he is staring.
He replies: 'I have a question to ask you but I don't want to offend you.'           She answers, 'My son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything.  I'm sure that there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive.'                                                                                           
 'Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me.' She responds,
'Well, let's see what we can do about that:
 1, you have to be single and  2, you must be Catholic.'
The cab driver is very excited and says, 'Yes, I'm single and Catholic!'
'OK' the nun says. 'Pull into the next alley.'
The nun fulfils his fantasy, with a kiss that would make a hooker blush.  But when they get back on the road, the cab driver starts crying.                       
 'My dear child,' says the nun, 'why are you crying?'
'Forgive me but I've sinned. I lied and I must confess, I'm married and I'm Jewish.'                                                                                            
 The nun says, 'That's OK.  My name is Kevin and I'm going to a fancy dress party.'       

No comments:

Post a Comment