Friday 15 March 2013

A vigilante, kidology and His Majesty is due



15 March 2013

Is there any justification in someone becoming a vigilante?  I ask this because the front page or the free Dorktown paper carries a story a man who is setting up meets where adult men are expecting to meet up with an underage girl for sex.  So far he has files on over 50 men who he has caught out.  The cops are saying that they don't agree with the man's efforts and point out that he could well be breaking the law in doing what he is doing.  Even so he is continuing in his efforts.  At no time does he make the names of his captures public though but hands over his finding to the police for them to follow.  Again they say they don't encourage the sort of actions the man is taking.  But you what?  If they were doing more then there wouldn't be any need for such actions by private members of the public.  The fact that he is taking such measures shows how little the police is doing over it.  As for me, I wish the man all the luck he needs in exposing these perverts.

Specsavers have rand to let me know that my new specs are ready for collection.  I'm rather pleased about that seeing as I was told that they wouldn't be ready until next Tuesday.  But I wonder ... is there a bit of cleverness going on here?  See, I used to work for Interlink Express many years ago.  A number of times our office would be calling on the radio and ask when I was likely to arrive at an address.  Normally I would say that I would be there in about an hour.  A lot of the time I wouldn't be far from the delivery address anyway and I would arrived within 15 minutes.  Just a bit of kidology really which may pay off in getting extra work from them later ;-))) 

His Majesty King Kile is due here just after 4pm.  We have promised him a ride out in the car but I'm not sure where or even if the weather will be suitable for a run out.  I hope so cos I wouldn't mind a run out as well.

So now the Catholic world has new leader.  He said he prayed to the Virgin Mary to give him strength and wisdom in his new role.  Hmmm ... it smacks of idolatry to me.  This idea of praying to a woman is a dogma laid down by another Pope hundreds of years ago.  Luckily most of the protestant churches don't accept that idea.  But there is another issue along this line that seems to be a tad hypocritical to me.  The Roman Catholic Church is run by men only.  Priests are all men and are to be celibate and to ensure this they are not allowed to marry.  So why then do they put a woman in such a high place in their spiritual hierarchy?  Whatever ... I got this photo ... 

of the local left footer place while Jan was in hospital.           

And now for a funny ...

A policeman was interrogating 3 blondes who were training to become detectives. To test their skills in recognizing a suspect, he shows the first blonde a picture for 5 seconds and then hides it. "This is your suspect, how would you recognize him?"
The first blonde answers, "That's easy, we'll catch him fast because he only has one eye!"
The policeman says, "Well...uh...that's because the picture shows his profile."
Slightly flustered by this ridiculous response, he flashes the picture for 5 seconds at the second blonde and asks her, "This is your suspect, how would you recognize him?"
The second blonde giggles, flips her hair and says, "Ha! He'd be too easy to catch because he only has one ear!"
The policeman angrily responds, "What's the matter with you two?!? Of course only one eye and one ear are SHOWING because it's a picture of his profile!! Is that the best answer you can come up with?
Extremely frustrated at this point, he shows the picture to the third blonde and in a very testy voice asks, "This is your suspect, how would you recognize him?" He quickly adds" . . . think hard before giving me a stupid answer."
The blonde looks at the picture intently for a moment and says, "Hmmmm . . . the suspect wears contact lenses."
The policeman is surprised and speechless because he really doesn't know himself if the suspect wears contacts or not. "Well, that's an interesting answer . . . wait here for a few minutes while I check his file and I'll get back to you on that."
He leaves the room and goes to his office, checks the suspect's file in his computer, and comes back with a beaming smile on his face. "Wow! I can't believe it...it's TRUE! The suspect does in fact wear contact lenses. Good work! How were you able to make such an astute observation?"
"That's easy," the blonde replied. "He can't wear regular glasses because he only has one eye and one ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment