Sunday 10 March 2013

Church. planting, and lost files



10 March 2013

Sunday morning and for the first time in some weeks Jan has been able to get to church.  I am now left to try to find some sort of mischief to get into - any ideas folks ;-)))

Yesterday we spent an hour re-potting the plants we have bought just lately.  By the time we finished both of us were knackered and hurting in various parts of our bodies.  For me it was my back; for Jan it was all over.  We would still like to have a few more out there but until we get to the garden centre we won't know what.  Of course we will have to watch out as we re-pot them anyway.  We also noticed just how bad the lawn is out there.  I bought two small trial packs of a lawn restore but it will need a heck of a lot more than that!  Ah well ... ... ...

All of us are advised to keep backup copies of any documents we create on our 'puters.  Well, I have the normal hard disc, a separate 500gig hard disc and USB stick, all of which contain a copy of the new Fred Cooper story - and guess what?  I can't find it on any of them.  Very frustrating!  I shall now have to spend even more time trying to find them when I should really be doing more writing - but I can't do any writing until I find the new story - but I can't ... ... ... well, you know ;-)))

A short one today so here's your photo ... 

main entrance to the Hussy.

And today's funny ...

A 54 year old woman had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital. While on the operating table she had a near death experience.  Seeing God she asked "Is my time up?"
God said, "No, you have another 43 years, 2 months and 8 days to live."
Upon recovery, the woman decided to stay in the hospital and have a face-lift, liposuction, breast implants and a tummy tuck. She even had someone come in and change her hair colour and brighten her teeth. Since she had so much more time to live, she figured she might as well make the most of it.
After her last operation, she was released from the hospital. While crossing the street on her way home, she was killed by an ambulance.
Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I had another 43 years? Why didn't you pull me from out of the path of the ambulance?"

God replied: "Damn! I didn't recognise you."

No comments:

Post a Comment