Sunday 24 March 2013

Kile, Virgin and Which?



24 March 2013

The UK is at a standstill yet again.  Seeing some of pictures on News 24 I'm not surprised though.  Those snow drifts are very big.  I had been hoping for a trip to London again today but I'm glad I didn't get up early to do so.  It would be far too cold to be riding around on a scooter taking photos.  Locally, the road outside was clear at 9pm last night but there was a fresh coating on there this morning.  Jan has headed off to church as normal though. 

We were supposed to be having Kile this weekend.  He has not been behaving himself again, this time telling lies to his mum and to one of her friends that if he had told any teacher at school would have got his mum into serious trouble.  When challenged he either shrugs his shoulders or laughs at his mum.  He has these phases fairly often when he seems to go off the rails big time.  We all wish we knew what caused it.  We're hoping he grows out of it.  Whatever, until he does it's him that loses out, not us. 

I have a subscription for Which? magazine and find it an interesting read, well, I would wouldn't I otherwise I wouldn't have the subscription going.  Anyway, the latest issue arrived here on Friday and I decided that I would sign up and join in on their on-line community; that was the idea until I tried it and found out you have to pay an extra £9+ per month for it.  To do both makes it far too expensive for us. 

Today's photo isn't all that good really, just a plain record shot of a Virgin Train ...  

However, it is stopped at platform 4 of Dorktown TV station and for train mad guys n gals and camera totting guys n gals, it becomes interesting.  Why?  Well, simple because Virgin trains no longer routinely stop at Dorktown.  If we want to get to London by train we have to get a local service to Rugby and change there.  So forever reason this one stopped, it was worth a shot.

Funny time ...

There can be some advantages to employing dyslexic staff, as I found out the other day when I sent an email to my secretary telling her to sack my cook.     

No comments:

Post a Comment