Sunday 3 July 2016

Sport = corruption


3 July



It’s happened yet again folks; I’ve set the TIVO box to record a series of shows but BBC Sport runs roughshod over us all and continues with its coverage of bloody tennis and not the show what should be shown. And don’t forget, cricket isn’t far off either. I’ve written to them, I emailed, I’ve even phoned them and on one occasion I challenged one of them face to face at Mail Box in Brum. The only one I got a response from the guy I spoke to personally, and he just could see what my point was, saying ‘But everyone loves tennis and all sports!’ That was one point that I wasn’t polite with my reply!



And that my friends is the point. There has been a move by the government to change the way the BBC works. However, they are looking for a more pro-government stance, or at least a pro-tory stance from it. What I would like to see is BBC 3 come back, but devoted to sport only, taking it all off the other two channels. Even better though, would be to limit all sports coverage to a five-minute spot in any one news bulletin.



However, I can see one drawback here, the sports fans would be up in arms over it; oh dear, how sad, what a pity, never mind! In reality though, those fans are in the minority, oh yes they are, don’t shout at me in the back there! If you want proof, taken any Saturday and count the number of spectators, then compare that with whole UK population; you’ll soon see who is right on this one.



But think of the benefits of the move. Families would be able to come closer together and do things together rather than sit and watch over-paid prima donnas acting the fool every time another one came near them. There would be less money sloshing around and those same prima donnas wouldn’t have the same privileges they currently have; and they might actually have to get a proper job to make ends meet.



Of course, this is only a day dream. There’s far too much money sloshing around within sports as a whole for the dream to get anywhere. Where there’s money, there’s corruption and cheating, no matter what sport the sport. All the major sports have been tainted by it at some point. Within this I included the doping issue too, because that is down to money in the long run. Greed is always there, and that leads to power and the corruption of that power. Sadly, that can never be legislated away either. Simply because the legislators themselves are just as corrupt as well. The MP allowance scandal shows that.



And so we, the people have to suffer the consequences of that greed and corruption in one way or another. Even at local level it’s still the same but not as lucrative, simply because there’s less money available. I wish I knew the answer and in a position to sort it out. But I don’t and I’m not. So I shall have to suffer on during the summer. Next year though, I shall make sure we have loads of new DVDs to watch – if I remember that is.



Today’s photo …

A young effalump.



Today’s funny …



My mum said to my sister, 'I had this awful nightmare. There was your teacher being devoured by this foul-looking monster.'
My sister said 'Go on, what happened.'
My mum said, 'Well, I can't get it out of my head really. The ugly face, the foul fangs, the slimy dribble, the bloodshot eyes....
My sister said, 'Yes' but what did the monster look like?'          

No comments:

Post a Comment