Sunday 10 July 2016

Life goes on ...


10 July



I’ve done it again, yet another typo that should have stood out clearly. Yesterday I typed 9 May, not 9 July; I blame the rain for it …



Feeling very weak this morning, even holding my head up straight is hard work today. I’ll just have to deal with it as best I can cos Kile is coming this afternoon and he always keeps me on my toes. I just wish I knew what’s causing it, then I might be able to deal with it properly. I need a shower but I’m nervous of doing so while I’m on my own in case I go down again and can’t back up.



Tom wasn’t here long yesterday and it all went off OK and he was happy enough when he left here to go back to Coventry. He should have been happy anyway, seeing as I gave him a Nikon P100 bridge camera which has hardly ever been used and was sat here doing nothing. Considering how long he was here for, I’m still not so sure as to why he came down in the first place. It’s cost him a lot more than he thought because of taxi fares he hadn’t taken into consideration.



What I did learn from him is that the DWP works to different criteria in Ulster to over here. He seems to be a lot better off over there. Having said that, the housing benefit works very much against him when it comes to private renting. The most they will pay for his age is £75 a week, and with all of the rents are over £100 a week, There’s no way they can afford to rent privately. Even his health issues, and he has a few, don’t help over there. There’s nothing we can do to help him though, so he just has to get on and deal with it himself.



Jan posted photos of the ketchup splashed car on Facebook and one her friends has suggested that it might not have happened the way we thought. Her suggestion is that a car might have driven over the bottle and caused the ketchup to be thrown up. I’m not so sure really; you see, there were no signs of the stuff on the road or anywhere else but on the car. I’m still convinced it was done deliberately. It’s not the end of the world though is it?



I’ve mention a shop called The Works a few times in me blog and how I like their three for a fiver book offer. Well, a couple of weeks ago we went to Hill Top Garden Centre where they just happen to have a branch of The Works. Of course, I went for a look while Jan was looking at budgie toys. Their book choice wasn’t all that good really so I wasn’t going to bother, until I found a set of wrapped The Hunger Games, books for a fiver.



I’m half way through the first one now and I can see why they are so popular. The films can wait a bit though. I can also say that I’m pleased I waited so long to get them seeing the price I paid. Mind you, I really didn’t fancy them anyway but again it’s just seeing them cheap enough to not matter if I didn’t like them.



Today’s photo …

Triumph, new and old.



Today’s funny …



  The Abbot of the Monastery was very strict in his routine. Each morning, he'd come out of his cell, go into the main room where all the monks were sitting, and chant "Good Morning." They would chant back "Good Morning." At the evening meal, he'd enter the room and sing "Good Evening," and they would reply in kind. One morning, though, in response to his greeting, he distinctly heard one monk sing "Good Evening." Wondering if his ears were going, he sang "Good Morning," only to hear the anomalous greeting again. Looking about the room, he sang "Someone Chanted 'Evening.'"      

No comments:

Post a Comment