Monday 18 July 2016

Shopping days and a loud mouth



18 July


Running a bit late again today cos we’ve been into town for a few hours. We also called into the Willy White for what we hoped was a quiet drink; no chance! There was loud mouthed woman in there shouting the odds about her boy friend sitting in front of her. She was not only loud, she was also very foul-mouthed, loads of F and B every other word, even though her young daughter was sat there beside her. There will come a day when she will wonder where her girl got her bad language from.    


We did go to Astley Book Farm and I had a great time. First off we had a to their café where I had a really nice cappuccino, Jan was adventurous as ever and had a diet coke. The Book Farm is a second-hand book shop at its heart so after our drinks I set out to explore the thousands of books on the shelves. It was my turn to be adventurous, I bought five books all told, three Stephen King (one of which has four of the Brachman books in it), a Neil Gaiman, and a Val McDermid, see, really adventurous eh. However, I made a booboo; I’ve already got the McDermid on my shelves. Ah well … … …

Here on me lappy I have a book list. I began that list after I kept buying books I already had on my shelves. The idea was that I would upload it to my mobile phone. With that all I need to do is to look up a title on the phone, then I should have no more double buying. Haha … I now need to do the uploading bit, then the idea would be useful.      


On the way home we called into the Anker for a drink. That was nice too and left us wondering why we stopped going there in the first place. I’ve remembered why now, it’s because Charlie and Sam only had the coke in bottles, and not on draft. The new couple have it added on draft. Mind you, I say, ‘new couple’ but they’ve been in there for 15 months now. I wasn’t all that impressed with the dinner I had though.

Later today we are going for a ride out in and around town looking for a new armchair. We only have one recliner each at the moment. When Kile comes, he’s sitting on a camping chair. If any own else comes it’s just not suitable for them. So now we need to go and get a new one. Jan is off soon to take Kile’s asthma spray home and then when she gets back we can get off out again.


Good news has just arrived too; my operation is set for 1st August and I have to be there for 7am. At least we have a date and we now know what’s happening. I do have to stop taking three of my meds seven meds a week before, the 25th. I shall be happy when it’s all over and done with, I really will. That will mean there will no blog a for some time, sorry about that.


Our shopping has been done with an arm chair being delivered tomorrow. We also bought a new, but smaller computer desk and a kitchen stool. Sadly, Jan put her foot down with a firm hand over another bookcase I was eyeing up, ah well …  And even though this place looks like a garden centre, we’ve also bought a tiny little cactus, and we both like them anyway.

Photo time …

A blackcurrant jam crust, nice too.


Today’s funny …

When Sandy MacGillivray came back from his first trip to London, everyone in the village was keen to find out how he had got on.
"Did you like it?"
"Oh, it was no' bad."
"As good as that, Was it?"
"Well, there was just the one thing wrong. The other guests in my hotel just would not go to their beds. They were in the corridor ouside my room shouting and banging on my door untill three o'clock in the morning." So what did you do, Sandy?"
"Och, I just kept on playing my bagpipes."

No comments:

Post a Comment