Tuesday 19 July 2016

A few bits ...


19 July



All our deliveries are here already, 9.45 and our third caller was our caller was the window cleaner looking for his money. Now we can relax a bit. Come lunch time Kile will be here for a short time seeing as his school breaks up for half term today. It’s a week earlier than the other schools in the area but he will be going back a week early too. Seems daft to me but hey-ho, who am I complain?



Just put telly on and of the first words I hear is ‘re-gifting’; WHAT? What they hell is re-gifting. I remember seeing some yanky woman trying to get us all to use her newly thought up word of ‘gifting’ instead of giving away. These people will do anything to make money and a name for themselves, and like I said, she was a yanky so she would expect us to fall over herself to take up new newly thought-up idea. Silly woman!



The French in Nice were booing their Prime Muppet when he turned up for remembrance service for the dead of last week’s attack. OK, they might not like the man but I have problems with them booing him while he was there. It just wasn’t the occasion to be turned into a political event, which turn out to be.



Think about it though; from what has been said on the news, the man concerned was a Muslim but not a regular attender of his mosque, so I hardly think it was a religious attack. He had a criminal record which perhaps showed some signs of him being a problem somewhere. I don’t think anyone could predict what happened in Nice that day, in which case what could the PM do about it? That’s right, nothing at all. So why the booing? No need for it at all.



Here in the UK our new Prime Muppet has announced the intention of replacing the aging Vanguard class of ISBN submarines with a new class at a proposed cost of £42 billion. In the past such proposed cost sore as the job continues. Look at HST2 and its proposed cost of £16 billion, which now stands at over double, and the job hasn’t been through all of its normal route through both houses and the Queens signature. Even the two new air-craft-carrier’s costs has gone through the roof during construction.



We should all be suspicious over the costs in government spending. In our daily lives we have to be careful we don’t spend more than we have, or can afford to spend. How can we do anything different? So on the greater scale of government spending, they have the same responsibility, but at a greater level. However, I have suspicions that as individuals they will not be held personally libel so they don’t need to worry so much, it’s tax payers money see.



Never mind all that though … Last night when we went through to bed as normal and I started my daily read. Jan was shaking my should before too long cos I’d fallen asleep and was snoring; the time was 11 o’clock. Not done that for a long time now, so I must have been tired. But I wonder … by the time I arrived home in the afternoon, I was feeling very dehydrated and headachy, so maybe I had to much sun, perhaps that is something I will need to watch next time I go into town. That will be tomorrow when I go for my last of six B12 injections, then I can get in to town for the market at long last.



So for today’s photo …

A tiny little flower at the front door of the block, no idea what sort of flower it is though.



Today’s funny …


What type of socks does a gardener like to wear when he is working?
Garden hose.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment