Saturday 9 July 2016

More bitnbobs


9 May



Our fairly new condenser/dryer has decided not to play properly now, by becoming every hot, hot enough to melt synthetics, and the cold blow at the end of the cycle has also stopped. The first thing we did was to check both the filters, the one in door-way and the one underneath the door-way, both are clear. Now it sits in the kitchen not being used and seeing as we have no idea where to go next. I’m hoping we don’t have to get a new one, we really can’t afford a new one, especially as this one is less than two years old. At least we have taken note of the warnings and stopped using it! Getting our washing dry now will be fun …



Our son Tom is due here soon after Jan has picked him up in Coventry. We haven’t seen him since we dropped him off at Birmingham airport as he went over to Ulster to start again. Jan is excited about it, I’m just wary – nuff said. My plan for today was to go down town for a few hours, so I was disappointed to see all the rain. As it is, with Tom coming here it won’t look as if I’m avoiding him.



Yesterday evening, off we went to Asda for some shopping and on the way home we called in to a pub called the Hinckley Knight on the A5. It’s not a bad pub at all, at least we like it. After a nice meal and a pint of diet coke we went back to the car, and got really angry. Some moron had squirted tomato ketchup all the way along the off-side of it. There’s no damage, it’s just the shear stupidity of it that annoyed me. But Jan was angrier than I’ve seen her for some time. It took her some time to calm enough over it.



We didn’t need to go shopping but we have Kile coming tomorrow for the whole of next week. He’s got a load of activities every day and he will be have to be in school at 7am a couple of the days. So, we needed to get a few things in for him, mainly for his packed lunch every day. So we decided get as much as we really fancied, not really needed, apart from my coffee and fruit, both Kile and me love fruit, see.



Before we went out I managed to finish editing Shipshape. However, I realised that there was something missing in it. So I found and started reading through the fallow-up, and Bristol Fashion. As I began I saw so much of myself within the story I was surprised. It’s like with one of the characters David Oxford, his brother-in-law in has gone missing and is asked if he had any idea where he might have gone. The reply was straight along my own dreams; Cyprus, Oswestry and Brecon in Wales. I suppose we all have dreams eh, even our fiction folks have dreams. Oh yes, I’ve not found the part I want yet.



So now I have to get back on with it and see how I get on. So today’s photo …

Dinners!         



Today’s funny …



How many PESSIMISTS does it take to change a light-bulb?
"What's the point? It'll only blow again."


No comments:

Post a Comment