Tuesday 26 July 2016

A fantasy flight?


26 July



We’ve done it again! After settling at 1115 last night, we eventually came to properly at 1125 this morning. I know we don’t actually have much to do today; I know that we both had poor nights the night before and that we were nodding off while we were reading, 12 hours sleeping was too much. Add in that I know that today is going to be rough day for me at least. You see, I had my pills in my hand ready to take when Jan’s phone started playing GOT theme, Tom’s ring tone.



A short time later I found a pile of pills on my coaster and it puzzled me where they were from. It took a time before I worked it out, but they were todays dose … oh dear, and I don’t have any spare either … or do I? I went into the kitchen and thought that I may just remember having put some spares away just after the kitchen was finished. So I checked the one place that rung bells, and I found some, haha, great. So now I’ve had them, but it can take a wee bit before I feel the benefit now that I’ve been late taking them.



The other day I wrote about the thieves of Dorktown and what they will stoop to steal, thinking that a few Asda bags was pretty much the bottom of the barrel. Tell you what though, we’ve just noticed that one of the two fire extinguishers has been stolen. I know they are metal, but are they worth enough to steal? And why just one and not both? There just doesn’t seem any logic to them does there.  



Time travel: a subject that has fascinated people over the centuries. HG Wells wrote his The Time Machine in which a man makes and uses a time machine, a good read too. Now there have been lots of books and films on the theme. On my own account, and here we go into a Sci-fi stream … but first a telly show. Prof Brian Cox has another show on the BBC, and as I like him I always watch his shows. He makes science so much easier without making so simple it becomes mundane. I watched one the other day in which he has a ride in a Typhon fighter jet, where they go chasing the sun. And that’s where fact, moves to Sci-fi.



By flying at the same speed as the earth rotates, they were able keep the setting sun at the same spot as they follow. By speeding up, they were able to see the sun move back up in the sky. Well, here’s what I have always wondered … if we had a vehicle fast enough and with enough endurance, would it be possible to wind the clock back, thereby time travelling. I’m sure there will be some cleaver clog science-nut will burst the bubble for me. But you know what, I don’t really care; as a writer I can use the idea as I like eh?     



Back to photos and where to find them. At one time I was a real ale drinker and I love it but because of having to drive home more times than not, I only ever had one pint. That could be frustrating, so what I’ve done is to take photos of the clips on the pumps. Okay, not idea but so what. But then someone comes up with making ‘craft ale’ so what is the difference between real ale and craft ale I wonder? If you know, please let me know?



So for today’s photo …

Two ladies in Coventry.



Today’s funny …



Did you hear about the animal hotel that has exclusive accommodation for squirrels?
It's called The Nutcracker Suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment