Friday 8 July 2016

A second female Prime Muppet on the way


8 July



Our next Prime Muppet will be a second woman in the job. That’s fine, as long as the lass who gets it is capable of doing the job. And yet most of us don’t have any choice in it do we? No, it’s the tory party members who decide who that next person is. I have serious concerns there folks; unless there’s a general election within months of the new person taking office, then we are not living in a democracy. At the last one the country voted for the current lot being lead by Daft Dave, not by a woman. There has to be a general election fairly quickly once the new leader takes over.



Of course, it’s not that simple is it? The UK is in a real mess, one that will take some time to sort out, no matter who takes on the task. On top of that there’s the BREXIT process to continue and to bring to fruition. That alone is a mammoth task. For me it would easy; I’d give them a date and say we’re out from that point. I wish it was so easy though. When Ted Heath signs us up for it, he entered into a lot of legal mubo-jumbo too. There will be more of it every time a Prime Muppet signed up for something else. I suppose they will all take time to sort out; but the clock is ticking folks and by EU rules it all has to be done in two years. Then we will really have our country back.



The BREXIT vote was for the UK to leave the EU. However, it seems that some groups within the country see it as much more than that and using as an excuse to racially attack and abuse the immigrants that are already here. There’s a fairly large number of Asian people who are third or fourth generation of British born, and yet even some of those have been attacked. Any yet, immigration was one of, if not the most important reason why we are leaving the EU. And it’s not plain old racism in most cases, no, not at all. It’s the pressure on housing, health services and education that a lot of us are concerned about.



Anti-race laws can be passed of course, but from what I’ve seen of all such laws do is increase the racist element instead of ending it. I’ve seen it in way people are reacting to the equal right movement across the board. There’s more anger at the disabled, the gay community, religious groups, and of course, the immigrants to name just a few. All that legislation does is to drive it all underground and we are all shocked when it erupts to the surface.     



I had diabetic clinic at 5pm yesterday, and it all went off well too. My BP was 125/64; weight down another seven kilos, although I do have concerns about that amount. I know I’m losing it but that seems a tad too much since March – whatever. My blood glucose level was well within range and cholesterol level was just 2- whatever. She said it’s the lowest level she has ever seen in a type 2 diabetic. I’m happy with all that.



I also had a B12 loading dose injection. Now I have three more to have next week and another two the following week, and it doesn’t end there either. I have to have one every three months after that, for life! Not so pleased about that really. While I was there I asked about this C-Diff invite I’ve had. I had doubts because of all the medical things going on as it is, but another three-monthly appointment has certainly put volunteering for a yet another one is certainly off the agenda.



One of my FB friends posted a photo of his writing space. I also have one of my space but guess what? Yes, you’ve got it, I can’t find it! That friends photo started a wider discussion about writing and so on. In my case, when we lived in mother’s house I used the back bedroom as a study area and I found that to be really useful … until our two-legged monster snuck upstairs and shouted ‘BOO’ at me. Lucky for me I was my computer, not writing freehand. Anyway …



That same friend found that writing at home was really difficult so he rented a room off a local friend and found his word count rose considerable. Well, I can’t do that simply cos I can’t afford it. What I can do though, is to go down to library and sit and write. Jan also has the idea that they will allow me to plug my lappy into a power socket. That could be useful seeing as battery life on lappys could be a lot better. Again, it’s down to cost though; generally, the higher price the longer the battery life. So tomorrow I shall be off into town to visit the library and see if she’s right. It’s time for me do some new photos in town anyway.



So today’s photo …

Sunny, but cloudy Barmouth



Today’s funny …



There was this car that was driving very slowly down the highway. A State Trooper pulls it over. "What have I done wrong, officer?" the driver asks.
"You are going 26mph on a major highway. There is a law against that," the officer says to the driver. "You must go at least 50mph."
"But when I turned on the highway, the sign said 26!" the driver replies.
"HA HA HA!" The officer laughs out loud. "That is because this is Interstate 26! The 26 isn't the speed limit!"
The driver leans back in her car seat and the cop sees another woman sitting beside her. She looked as pale as a ghost.
"What happened to her?" the officer asks.
"I don't know, but she has been that way ever since we got off of interstate 160."

No comments:

Post a Comment