Saturday 16 July 2016

Killing by technology


16 July



And on it goes, with an attempted coup in Turkey. BBC News says the current death toll stands at 90. When will all the killing die?



Kile is due to meet up with his mum and Danny at 10 o’clock this morning. He’s ready to go now but at 9.15 it’s a bit early yet, even if he does have to walk. As much as we love him, we will be pleased to see him leave this time. He is now showing his real self to us, and with it we are seeing just how his mum feels having to deal with him every day.



What do you think of this new game seeping the world? It’s hard enough trying to keep out of the way of texting people as they walk down the pavement; now this silly bloody game is adding to the problem, making it all even worse. Apparently police have said they have found some people driving while playing it; ye gods, what is going on in their heads? There’s a report on telly just that some teenagers have had to be rescued from a gave after getting lost while playing the game. Perhaps they have two heads, I can’t see anyone being so daft as that with only one!



Today’s technology is great, and we would find it very hard to live without it these days. However, it does come with conditions attached and with caution needed while using it. A prime example of this is with satnavs and the problems they cause when the kit goes on, the common sense goes off. From what I’ve seen, generally it’s only the younger generation who do this anyway.



Just think about it folks; I’m using a laptop to write this; we keep in touch 24/7 because of our mobile phones; our entertainment is provided by TV, DVD/Blue Ray, radio, CDs; travel by whatever means is computer controlled; and don’t forget, our banking is done by computer, and these days so many of our employment opportunities come along by computer use. We all use technology in some way or other, and after so many years of dependence on it we would find life very hard with it. And I’ve just found another use when I sent Jan an email, and she’s sat less than 10’ from me. It’s a photo I took of her during the week, with yes, a digital camera … more tech see… … …



I have two more injections to have next week and that will be it for three months. Yesterday afternoon I had another one at 4pm (which reminds me, even health care is PC dependent these days). That one hurt a bit yesterday too. I had been warned that they could be ‘stingy’ and that one was very much stingy. I also have a bruise on the inside of my left elbow too from when I had those blood samples done the other day. I’ll be pleased when it’s all over next week. But there again, something else will come out then and cause more GP visits.



Well, if I want to get down town today, I’d better get finished up here first. So today’s photo …

A slim line Jan.



Today’s funny …



Patient: Doctor, doctor I've become completely crazy about cricket.
Doctor: How's that?
Patient: Not out!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment