Friday 15 July 2016

Cuts could now really us


15 July



Oh dear; more people lie dead because of another nut case running amok. What is wrong with these people that makes them want to kill and maim? Last night it was France’s National Day, but every country in the world has a National Day; who is going to get hit next? We must not let these nutters beat us; we must carry on with our day-to-day lives and let them see they cannot win. What a sad world we live in these days.



Over the years, various cuts have been made to our armed services and the last six years have been particularly savage. So now, as the UK sets out on yet another new path no-one can really guess what will happen. I am concerned with Bonkers Boris as Foreign Secretary though. At times his in tongue is in drive while his brain is in neutral. I can see him saying something that will upset some one, sending into a spiral of danger. At such a point how will we as a nation defend ourselves? We keep sending our young people off to die in foreign fields, leaving our shores very weakly defended.



Is that what we really want? I doubt it! Our new Prime Muppet is not going to call a general election and I’m a bit ambivalent over that. Voters wanted Daft Dave in that post, not Two-gun Tess. However, I think that may well be better for us than Jittery Jerry right now. He’s said that he wants to get shut of the Trident system. None of us in their right minds want that system to be deployed, however, the same submarines can be armed with powerful non-nuclear weapons that would boost of defence on their own. Oh dear … again!     



I was running a bit after an early appointment at the Walsgrave for my pre-op assessment yesterday, sorry I didn’t to write my blog. No problems they could see but the blood tests I had done today, needs repeating one week before the op. I just hope that my op doesn’t get cancelled and I have to have another lot done again, we’ll see. The sooner the job gets done now, the better for both of us.



Kile has just gone off to school at 7.45 to get there in plenty of time for going off on yet another adrenaline filled day out. He’s not as bright as he normally is today. And I think five days of very early starts and increased activity levels have taken their toll on him. Not only that, he managed to lose yet another bag of kit somewhere when he went to the snowdome, wherever that is.



We think we are seeing a different side to Kile after this week. At times he seems to be totally switch off so he tends to ignore what we say until we raise our voice a little to get his attention. Either that or he has a hearing problem that needs looking at. Of course, he is now 12, and maybe his hormones are starting to course through him. We had the same with his dead 30-odd years ago. At least with Kile we won’t have to deal with it every day.



Looking around here right now, I don’t see any flowers. That’s fine of course, even if we do like to have flowers about, but at least it has left me free of my hay fever. That is part of the reason why I point my camera at some many flowers, so today’s photo … 

Another one from Twycross. Flowers are great in general but the other day I rode past a load of flowering privet bush in flower, and they really did set me off badly. I hunted for my nasal spray to clear it but didn’t find it until yesterday afternoon. I’ve had a spray this morning now I have it back.



Today’s funny …



I have a very responsible job. In the office where I work, whenever a mistake is made, my boss tells his boss that I'm responsible for it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment