Wednesday 11 April 2012

Water shortage and blondes

11 April 2012

Our gas and electricity is supplied to us through a network of pipes and cabling called a national grid.  But our water supply is not in such a grid … or is it?  I have never understood the water industry’s claim that to create such a grip for our water supply.  Right now a large part of England has a hose pipe ban in place and I can’t understand why.  I know those areas haven’t had a lot of rain for some time but the UK is not short of water!  What is short of is the will of the water companies to sort it out and the will of the government to force them to do so.  Do you want evidence?  BBC Midlands Today last night carried a story that Severn Trent is offering to sell water to East Anglia.  Yes, you read that properly; Severn Trent is offering to sell water to another region.  But how will Severn Trent get that water to another area if the piping isn’t in place I wonder?  Do you see where I am going with this?  If they can move water about when it suits them to make a profit, why can’t they do it anyway so no area is short of water in the first place!  The piping must be place to allow the transfer as Severn Trent has offered otherwise the offer is just a waste of time.  The water industry should never have been privatised in the first place … well done Mad Maggie – your noose still fits snugly around all our necks!

The Hussy Hospital is now clear of Noro Virus.  But I wonder where it keeps cropping up from?  The hospital seems to be hit this one on a regular basis.  Perhaps it would be better to look at prevention rather than cure.  I remember on one visit to A&E the doctor who examined me stuck to high heaven of BO. Perhaps they should be looking closer to home for the origin of the virus.

Yet again I have to go to the Walsgrave for another eye exam. More drops in my eyes that will sting like crazy and pupils so wide you’d think I was high on heroin. With it being bright and sunny right now I’d better sort out my shades for use after the drops.   I’m getting to hate hospitals more on every visit I have to make!

My writing has slowed down again.  Since the weekend I have only done around 2000 words.  It’s not that I’m struggling to write, it’s a case of not really wanting to.  Yesterday I wrote a large paragraph and then cut it.  I re-wrote it and cut it again.  Maybe I’ll have a few days off and come back to it later.

Do you know what I am missing these days?  Coach trips to London, that’s what.  National Express run coaches from Coventry and Jan used to drop me off at Pool Meadow where I would join the coach for the trip down.  I would go all the way though.  It’s quite a walk from Victoria Coach Station to get the tube from Victoria Station.  SO I used to get off the coach at Golders Green and get the tube from there, where the tube and bus stations are side by side.  There’s also a toilet at Golders Green too and I am usually ready for that too.  I like the tube too even if at times it’s like sardine can packed …

I’ve had to stop travelling that way because my mobility has got so much worse over the last 12 months. 

A blonde female police officer pulls over a blonde gal for speeding.  She walks up to the car and asks the blonde for her driver's license.
The blonde driver searches through her purse in vain. Finally she asks,  "What does it look like?"
The blonde police officer tells her,  "It's that thing with your picture on it."
The blonde driver searches for a few more seconds, pulls out her compact,  opens it and sure enough sees herself. She hands the compact to the blonde cop.
After a few seconds looking at the compact, the blonde cop rolls her eyes,  hands the compact back to the blonde convertible driver and says, "If you would have told me you were a police officer when I first pulled you over, we could have avoided this whole thing!            

No comments:

Post a Comment