Thursday 5 April 2012

Council elections and the Big Bang

5 April 2012

Did you know that the lighting in any new bathroom now has to have a sealed light installed?  Well, neither did until we had our bathroom renewed just over two years ago.  At the same time we had and shower room installed upstairs by using about a third of the back bedroom.  It still leaves that bedroom as a double sized room.  Anyway … the ‘bulb’ in shower room blew the other day and we had to play about trying to get it out.  We then found that it isn’t a blub but a small tube think.  I can see that costing us a small fortune when I go out later to try to get one.

May 3 is Election Day for our town council.  Every ward in the borough is being contested this time – but not every seat on the council.  The News has printed the full list of candidates.  The BNP are fielding eight candidates and the green party six.  In our ward there’s a choice between Labour, Tory or Green.  The one box missing is ‘None of the Above’, in which case I shall have to do some real hard thinking as to where to put my cross.  But can I ask … do you all actually vote?  I always do.  Countries all over the world are crying out for the chance to vote for their choice of government and when they are given the chance they turn out in the millions to do so.  Yet here in the UK voting rates are often down to below 50%.  That to my mind is sad, very sad. 

There are four pages of baby photos in today’s News.  It’s the annual bonny baby contest.  I got really excited seeing all that curry meat on the hoof there; the only problem is my freezer is already full so they get away with it for this year ;-)))

I keep on about me scooter, well here it be … 

It’s not the most comfortable scooter but it does break down and we can be fit two of them into the VW Golf estate I have and the Doblo we used to have.  I’ve been looking at prices and boot space for various cars for when the contract period id up on the Golf.  The Doblo has the biggest boot at 740lt but it is also has the highest advanced payment at £1000.  I’ve got time to look around though.

I like this one …
  
A man once counseled his son that if he wanted to live a long life, the secret was to sprinkle a little gunpowder on his cornflakes every morning. The son did this religiously, and he lived to the age of 93. When he died, he left 14 children, 28 grandchildren, 35 great-grandchildren, and a 15 foot hole in the wall of the crematorium.          

No comments:

Post a Comment