Tuesday 3 April 2012

Here n' there

3 April 2012

Apologies for being a tad late today folks.  All to do with having an appointment at the Sleep Clinic at Walsgrave Hospital.  I have obstructive sleep apnoea and have to use a constant positive air pressure (CPAP) machine at night.  It's been 12 months since I was last there and thankfully the miserable sour faced I used to see has left and gone elsewhere.  Today I saw a lass from Ulster, and very pleasant she was too.  Bye the bye that of course but I've been thinking about that machine; it records when I start it as I settle at night, and when I switch it off in the morning.  What I was wondering is whether it can tell difference between me being awake and being asleep.  So I asked today and it can tell the difference.  They couldn't show me the difference because that database couldn't be accessed from the computer she was using.  At least I know about that.  Apparently, my usage rate is 97%, which is very good indeed.  Over the last 12 months I think I have not used for just three days last October when I had a weekend in Brighton for my birthday.  Well that's that one over with for another 12 months.

There was very little of real interest in the News today.  A social club is now closed in Bermuda.  The village of Bermuda is very small, mainly one street with a row of ex-coal board house along each side.  There's no shops or anything else.  I think there has been a lot of new houses been built around there though, but it's been ages since I last drove up there.  To be honest, I don't have any reason to go there anyway, so I don't bother.

I was hoping to get out on me scooter this afternoon, but it's raining fairly hard here at the moment and getting wet while riding a scooter is no fun at all.  So I shall be forced to sit and write some more of book #4 won't I ;-)))  Oh I am so hard done by ... being forced to write ... how will I survive it ;-)))

We rarely get phone calls after 6pm so when our phone rang yesterday at just after 8pm, I was a bit nervous about answering.  You see, my mother is in a care home and we are expecting the inevitable phone call at any time.  So when I answered the phone and the lass said she was calling from the home, I expected the worst.  But it was far from it!  She said she wanted to call to say that mother had nothing but chatter all day long.  They had held a church service and yesterday and mother was finishing off all the words the minister was saying before he got there.  Strange that seeing as mother has never been a religious person.  Anyway, they normally put her to bed around 7pm and she sleeps right through the night.  At 7pm last night they asked her if she wanted to go to bed and she no she wanted to watch telly.  All sounds very good.  I just hope it continues.  I said that once to a GP I saw and he asked me why I said that.  mother was 83 then and very weak.  "Why not let her go in peace?" he asked.  I was quite shocked really at the time but I got to thinking about later and perhaps he's right.  I don't know, I really don't.    

I'm going back to Mallorca for today's photo ... 

This lighthouse and tower I shot from a boat as we entered the harbour at Port Soller.  The boat trip was part of an all day island tour trip we took a couple of years ago.  It was really good and we really did enjoy it.

Another funny then?  Yes?  OK,

A knock on the door at 3 in the morning.
Man opens door and there's a drunk standing in the rain.  Hey can you give me push?

NO and the man slams the door and goes back to bed.

His wife asks him who it was, he tells her and she says.  Remember when you
needed a push at 3 in the morning and it was raining out and that nice man
helped you? Well you should do the same to other people?.

He gets dressed goes down stairs and calls out the door.  Hey are you still out there?.

Yep, comes a voice from the darkness.

Where are you? asked the man?

Over here on the swing, said the drunk    

No comments:

Post a Comment